May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

So annoying! That happened on my flight home from Disney last month, the tried to seat DD7 all by herself several rows behind us and moved our seats too. Luckily they were able to move me with her, but they blamed it on a “computer glitch” even though I had picked seats out months in advance.

2 Likes

So excited to be following along, I’m heading there wednesday, I hope I have your DME luck!
Maybe we will run into eachother, I’ll keep a look out!

1 Like

I will never keep up once you hit the parks.
:sob:

4 Likes

That falafel plate looks really good!

1 Like

On the contrary, I may be too busy when we’re in the parks to post as much! But if not, just scroll through the pictures.

Speaking of which, my kids love the couch bed and sleeper chair (blankets are ours):

Good night, Liners! Tomorrow is AK day!

36 Likes

Love packing cubes!:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s how we felt about The Mara, too.

3 Likes

Adorable!!

3 Likes

We didn’t attempt to rope drop after a 3-hour time change. We planned to leave our room at 8am but were 12 minutes late. No matter - we walked right onto the AK bus as it was leaving! We arrived just a few minutes later at the gate and headed straight for NRJ. (After a stop at the tree of life for @OBNurseNH of course!)

41 Likes

Hooray! Best Park Day!

Thank you for the tree pic :slight_smile:

Everyone looks bright and cheery today! Have all the fun!

7 Likes

Backstory: the reason we are at AK day (besides it being a great park to start with!) is because today was supposed to be the day we reported to Port Canaveral for our Disney Cruise. We wanted to have a morning park before driving out there. That’s why we stayed at AKL!

But when it became clear cruising wouldn’t resume, we added a night to our AKL stay and booked HRH for the remaining three nights of what would have been our cruise. :dizzy:

11 Likes

Smart thinking

6 Likes

Have a great day. We frequently start trips at AK.

2 Likes

There is still plexiglass in the queue and on the ride vehicles for NRJ. For those who care, distancing was not being observed in line, but there are markers where you could stake out territory.

More pics of the Tree. We passed by just in time to stop and watch the parrot feeding. Amazing!

26 Likes

DD7 was brave on Dinosaur but didn’t like it so she won’t be returning with the RS. DS9 loved it!

Everyone loves Triceratops Spin.

26 Likes

I was wondering about that! The time change from the west is brutal - especially that first day! So happy to follow along on your trip! Love the group Triceratops Spin shot!

8 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

@amvanhoose_701479 yes I had you in mind!

In line for Everest now. We asked the CM with the sign post the procedure for RS. He directed us to have one member of our party get in line while those scanning MBs for RS went to a brown umbrella across from the main ride entrance. Then we went back and joined our party in line and those not riding left the line.

20 Likes

I took such a big deep breath and have a big smile on my face when I saw that picture of you and your son on the DME bus. For me, the DME bus is the beginning of the trip. YOU’RE HOME!!! Have a wonderful trip!

6 Likes

This is just the trip I needed to follow to cure my post-vacation blues. Your family’s happiness is contagious.

6 Likes