May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I should have mentioned that I did not change the diapers this round. :joy: Although, one of the lasting side effects of Covid for DW is that she hasn’t been able to smell stinky diapers. A blessing and a curse - she never knows if they need to be changed. :joy: When I’m home I usually do it. DW’s sense of smell is messed up in all sorts of ways, that is the only good part of the situation. Hopefully it goes back to normal eventually.

Now on to teacups, the last ride of the day. I have to say, this is one ride that Disneyland does waaaayyyyyy better. There it is so quaint and cute. Here it is kind of mass produced feeling. The soundtrack for the DL version is better too. Still, it’s one of the kids’ long-time favorites, so we have to do it. Thankfully it doesn’t make me sick.

18 Likes

Next stop is Olivia’s!

17 Likes

iasw is one of my favorite attractions. There is just something about this ride that I love (even the song).

11 Likes

Same. But I can see how being stuck on this ride can be traumatizing :joy:

2 Likes

:raised_hands::wink::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Thank you for that! I think I’ve officially reached the point where I need a nap.

3 Likes

Did I say next stop Olivia’s? Ok I called an audible and took one more. The wait was short, we had been making good time, and wanted to knock this one out now.

23 Likes

Caught one last cavalcade on our way to the bus stop. We are at the OKW bus stop and have 50 minutes till our reservation starts (65 min with grace period). We should be good even if there is a delay.

20 Likes

We ended up seeing 4 total cavalcades today:

1. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy
  2. Tinker Bell
  3. Goofy, Max, Clarabelle, etc.
  4. Moana, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, Alice, Peter Pan, and Gaston

Very cool! I like it better than parades by a mile. They should keep it this way except maybe a nighttime parade after Covid.

ETA: We didn’t go out of our way to see any of them. Three happened during lunch or as we were getting to our lunch table. One on the way out of the park. Awesome.

21 Likes

Made it on a bus with only a 20 min wait or so this time. Much less stressful than our trip to Sanaa! Although, I understand that this bus goes all the way through OKW before stopping at the main building, so it still will be a bit of a ride. Thankfully we have time.

I know @ryan1 recommended the conch fritters but I just don’t think I can eat conch meat. So I will get a crab cake instead. :yum: And fried chicken and a chocolate shake. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I think it’s the first or second stop that is almost across from hospitality house. You can get off there and walk the short distance if you like!

Peninsular Road

3 Likes

Looooove the iasw pics!

2 Likes

We almost got off at the first stop since it was so close, but we had time so we didn’t rush it. Now I’m wishing we had though cause I got car sick. :nauseated_face: Shouldn’t have been checking my work email! :joy: It was exacerbated by some scent when we first entered the restaurant. (I’m sure if I had just been posting on the forum I wouldn’t have gotten carsick. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) I’m feeling a little better already now though. I drank some water with a ginger pill.

16 Likes

It’s good.

I recall @ryan1 saying they discontinued the type of bread he had last time? But the rolls with honey butter they served us were delicious. DW remarked that it was like mini bread bowl bread. I think that’s about right - soft inner roll with a crisp outer shell.

The fried chicken is great - very similar to my mom’s Alabama family recipe, so I approve. (So much better than the crap they serve in the parks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) Green beans are good too.

Oh, and the shake hits the spot. It was a little runny (I prefer thick shakes) but taste was good.

20 Likes

DS9 is giddy for some reason. Like in the sense of acting like he’s on laughing gas. I think he’s getting a kick out of something DD2 is doing. It’s so cute - he cracks me up sometimes.

(I just asked him and he said it’s because she’s saying “kitty straw.” :thinking::man_shrugging:t4:

20 Likes

What do you actually mean by “car sick”? :grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Just mild motion sickness that made me feel queasy for a bit before going away.

First major rain of our trip as we wait for a HS bus so we can transfer back to BCV. I’ve never seen so many visible individual raindrops in the sky before. Really cool lighting.

21 Likes

Ah, well that’s good. You guys are having a blast!

Does it feel like you are halfway through your trip already?

3 Likes

My in-laws, who took us to the train station, have been to WDW a few times. The last time they went they were on It’s A Small World went the boats broke down. Everyone was stranded for an HOUR and THE SONG CONTINUED TO PLAY!!! :scream::scream::scream: I believe the song was finally turned of like 5 minutes before the boat’s resumed - to a round of applause!!

I love the song but I think even @OBNurseNH would get sick of it after a solid hour of it! My in-laws have vowed never to ride that again lol.

7 Likes

I remember being stuck on It’s Small at WDW for about 20 minutes one time YEARS ago. I can’t imagine an HOUR. :joy:

3 Likes