May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

One more:

18 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Great tips! I haven’t been on yet and have dreaded doing so because I get so sick. There’s hope! Adding yet another bookmark!

1 Like

OMG what a smart photo of you and DS in the lab by the wall!

What a wonderful day :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Those times are pretty good! And good for you for submitting! I always have good intentions, but forget to end the timer when we get on. :woman_facepalming:t4:

6 Likes

I was better at it when I wasn’t trying to live report here.

I prefer the live reporting :wink:

6 Likes

I think that is DBiL! But agree, that picture is awesome! All of them are fantastic, but poor DD2 with her face cut off in the group shot! :rofl:

4 Likes

Oops. You’re right!

3 Likes

I always find I’ve lost signal when it’s time to get on and can’t stop it.

5 Likes

That ones actually DBIL with DS in front of the wall. He is way taller than me!

Edit: @Julianne_fki is right. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Would you expect anything less from an accountant? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

That’s great news! I feel so bad for those that can’t experience things the way I do :+1:

3 Likes

This is part of the reason we are taking the train. I’m so done with airline shenanigans! I particularly dislike the “pay to sit with your party” ones!! I can’t even imagine the stress of having a child separated like that!

4 Likes

Is the queue for Hagrid’s worth going through if you know you won’t be able to ride? We’ve seen parts of it (Hagrid’s hut) on YouTube videos. We’ve been told Hogwarts and Gringotts queues are worth it even if not riding, but never have heard anything about Hagrid’s.

3 Likes

We are both riding all the rides we can this trip! Pain meds are being brought. The only ones we aren’t going to do are either extreme coasters (UOR), ones we can’t fit in (UOR) and space mountain. I had trouble in DL years ago because it’s so dang low so we are skipping that one because we’d like to still have our knees work!

4 Likes

I would say it’s worth it if the line is fairly short. I would not wait an hour for the queue. Hagrid’s hut and some of the other parts are very cool, but I would rank FJ and Gringott’s above it. Especially love Gringott’s queue!

4 Likes

Ugh, Yeah. Our trip when DD was 6 was right as those basic fares were coming out. I didn’t realize I’d purchase them and we didn’t have seat assignments. On our way home, we each were assigned a middle seat, spread throughout the plane. Stupid. Who’s going to want to sit with my 6 year old!

I didn’t sleep the night before, and she was SO stressed out, she was in tears most of the way through the airport. When we got to the gate, and talked to someone there, she laughed and said “Yeah, that’s definitely not going to work for you!”. Fortunately, she found us 4 seats together.

7 Likes

Glad it worked out for you! I truly don’t understand the thinking behind doing that other than $$$ because it makes NO sense. Why wouldn’t you seat people together that booked together? Why can’t people pick their seats if they bought their tickets early enough for the software to handle? Just plain (no pun intended lol) stupid!!

7 Likes

Neither will I :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What a great group!!
Loving all the photos!!

6 Likes