May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Here’s another pic of the (kudu?). It has white squiggly stripes.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Keep up the good work!! :laughing:
Loving all the photos!!

4 Likes

I think that is springbock (sp). The okapi are my favorite and they have no horns and a zebra striped back-end.

Never mind, I was wrong!

2 Likes

Stripes. Definitely kudu

2 Likes

Had dinner at The Mara (QS near Jambo pool). The food is mediocre but appreciated because we were famished. Bonus: They accidentally gave us this falafel pita platter that ended up being the best thing in the meal:

18 Likes

Packing cubes!! I now can travel a week with DD7 and myself on one carryon! I’m so proud of myself!

2 Likes

I’m trying to get mine down from one carry-on to one small bag so I can fly those “no frills” airlines. Haven’t figured it out yet …

2 Likes

So annoying! That happened on my flight home from Disney last month, the tried to seat DD7 all by herself several rows behind us and moved our seats too. Luckily they were able to move me with her, but they blamed it on a “computer glitch” even though I had picked seats out months in advance.

2 Likes

So excited to be following along, I’m heading there wednesday, I hope I have your DME luck!
Maybe we will run into eachother, I’ll keep a look out!

1 Like

I will never keep up once you hit the parks.
:sob:

4 Likes

That falafel plate looks really good!

1 Like

On the contrary, I may be too busy when we’re in the parks to post as much! But if not, just scroll through the pictures.

Speaking of which, my kids love the couch bed and sleeper chair (blankets are ours):

Good night, Liners! Tomorrow is AK day!

36 Likes

Love packing cubes!:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s how we felt about The Mara, too.

3 Likes

Adorable!!

3 Likes

We didn’t attempt to rope drop after a 3-hour time change. We planned to leave our room at 8am but were 12 minutes late. No matter - we walked right onto the AK bus as it was leaving! We arrived just a few minutes later at the gate and headed straight for NRJ. (After a stop at the tree of life for @OBNurseNH of course!)

41 Likes

Hooray! Best Park Day!

Thank you for the tree pic :slight_smile:

Everyone looks bright and cheery today! Have all the fun!

7 Likes

Backstory: the reason we are at AK day (besides it being a great park to start with!) is because today was supposed to be the day we reported to Port Canaveral for our Disney Cruise. We wanted to have a morning park before driving out there. That’s why we stayed at AKL!

But when it became clear cruising wouldn’t resume, we added a night to our AKL stay and booked HRH for the remaining three nights of what would have been our cruise. :dizzy:

11 Likes

Smart thinking

6 Likes