May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

DH and I had our 7th or if you ask him our 6th in May. He got me a lovely amethyst tennis bracelet and said it was the stone for 6 years. It just feels shorter to him right because time flies when you’re having fun? ;-).

9 Likes

DD7 is in a mood this afternoon. I won’t let her buy a specific souvenir, part of which was a display case and not for sale. :joy: Anyway, she was grumpy for a while and then I accidentally ran over her toe with the stroller. :grimacing:

She is doing better now and no longer grumpy, but it just goes to show that even a rest day can turn sour. Moods are unpredictable.

19 Likes

Shopping with Daddy.

ETA: Yes, DD2 is asleep. Has been for about an hour. Perfect timing actually.

16 Likes

Congrats!

3 Likes

Holy moly

3 Likes

We have the best table in the house, I’m convinced!

Side note: Homecomin’ is not on Disney’s system, so they don’t have the same ADR check-in procedure as other Disney restaurants. I couldn’t add a additional member to our party during that check in process through the app. I had to go up to the hostess out front and tell her we needed to add an eighth person in a high chair. She said she had to add a disclaimer that it was subject to availability, but due to the table we were assigned, it shouldn’t be a problem. We were seated immediately. Phew!

We ordered hush puppies, fried chicken, donuts, sweet potatoes, green beans, Mac & cheese, and donuts between us all. I will be trying it everything!

19 Likes

You forgot the church lady deviled eggs!

6 Likes

About what time was it when you joined?

Also someone joined the other day and were told 5hrs and it was quite a bit less.

3 Likes

The newest ios update now allows you to unlock your phone with a mask on if you have an apple watch also.

3 Likes

Not my thing, but glad someone likes them! :wink:

The kids love hush puppies, but this recipe was “too spicy” for them. They have no idea what they’re talking about. :joy: It just has some flecks of red pepper in it. It comes with a sweet chili sauce and a pimento cheese sauce.

12 Likes

Oh yeah…fork and knife style :joy:

Yeah seriously Jeff, what gives :wink:

4 Likes

Ooooh I can’t even wait to eat there again!!!

4 Likes

Ok I know this isn’t the most important thing, but we care. The straws here are bamboo (we assume) instead of paper. Definitely something non-plastic but more plastic feeling. Makes a HUGE difference. The paper ones last two seconds with kids, and we all like them better too.

9 Likes

It’s actually more important than I think you realize :joy:

5 Likes

Almost looks like recycled newspaper but feels like plastic.

11 Likes

A Google search tells me they are made from agave.

6 Likes

You know what else is?

Tequila. :yum:

I like those straws a lot!

11 Likes

Yes I remember those straws.

Happen to have a server named Josh? He was terrific and made our evening quite entertaining.

3 Likes

It’s a magical plant lol

4 Likes

Nothing ruins my kids dinner faster then a paper straw. :joy:

5 Likes