May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Enjoy Homecomin’! We really enjoyed our meal there. And cheers to 10 years!!

4 Likes

This shouldn’t be so exciting to me. I don’t like shopping…

… Oh yeah, food. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

18 Likes

Tried Chicken Guy as a pre-dinner appetizer.

The chicken is really good and flaky. The breading is kind of like panko or oven fried style. Crispy but not too heavy.

My favorite sauce is the Nashville hot honey, which is one of my favorite flavors in general. Also loved the sweet & sour. We also tried the brown sugar bbq, donkey sauce (like a peppercorn mayo), and secret sauce (basically chick-fil-A sauce). All were delicious!

It’s about an hour to our ADR at Homecomin’ so I’m trying not to overdo it here. But there are still two tenders left and I’m sitting with my sleeping DD2 while everyone else is in a nearby store. :thinking:

16 Likes

Btw, I got in the virtual queue for Gideon’s just in case. They told me the wait is running 5 hours right now! Yikes. Probably won’t end up getting those.

8 Likes

DH and I had our 7th or if you ask him our 6th in May. He got me a lovely amethyst tennis bracelet and said it was the stone for 6 years. It just feels shorter to him right because time flies when you’re having fun? ;-).

9 Likes

DD7 is in a mood this afternoon. I won’t let her buy a specific souvenir, part of which was a display case and not for sale. :joy: Anyway, she was grumpy for a while and then I accidentally ran over her toe with the stroller. :grimacing:

She is doing better now and no longer grumpy, but it just goes to show that even a rest day can turn sour. Moods are unpredictable.

19 Likes

Shopping with Daddy.

ETA: Yes, DD2 is asleep. Has been for about an hour. Perfect timing actually.

16 Likes

Congrats!

3 Likes

Holy moly

3 Likes

We have the best table in the house, I’m convinced!

Side note: Homecomin’ is not on Disney’s system, so they don’t have the same ADR check-in procedure as other Disney restaurants. I couldn’t add a additional member to our party during that check in process through the app. I had to go up to the hostess out front and tell her we needed to add an eighth person in a high chair. She said she had to add a disclaimer that it was subject to availability, but due to the table we were assigned, it shouldn’t be a problem. We were seated immediately. Phew!

We ordered hush puppies, fried chicken, donuts, sweet potatoes, green beans, Mac & cheese, and donuts between us all. I will be trying it everything!

19 Likes

You forgot the church lady deviled eggs!

6 Likes

About what time was it when you joined?

Also someone joined the other day and were told 5hrs and it was quite a bit less.

3 Likes

The newest ios update now allows you to unlock your phone with a mask on if you have an apple watch also.

3 Likes

Not my thing, but glad someone likes them! :wink:

The kids love hush puppies, but this recipe was “too spicy” for them. They have no idea what they’re talking about. :joy: It just has some flecks of red pepper in it. It comes with a sweet chili sauce and a pimento cheese sauce.

12 Likes

Oh yeah…fork and knife style :joy:

Yeah seriously Jeff, what gives :wink:

4 Likes

Ooooh I can’t even wait to eat there again!!!

4 Likes

Ok I know this isn’t the most important thing, but we care. The straws here are bamboo (we assume) instead of paper. Definitely something non-plastic but more plastic feeling. Makes a HUGE difference. The paper ones last two seconds with kids, and we all like them better too.

9 Likes

It’s actually more important than I think you realize :joy:

5 Likes

Almost looks like recycled newspaper but feels like plastic.

11 Likes

A Google search tells me they are made from agave.

6 Likes