May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Ok well someone did! :joy:

One more shot of the view from SAB:

Today was an awesome day. We bit off no more than we could chew. We accomplished exactly what was on my itinerary, plus the Speedway. Not rope dropping was the best call - our wait for 7DMT was the longest of the day, but totally manageable in the morning shade.

Focusing on Fantasyland was another good call. I think my kids are getting slowly more adventurous and might be willing to try more thrilling rides later because of it. But ultimately, today was about DD2 and DD4 after we made them ride swap a million times at UOR.

Stormalong Bay was low stress with no sun and no crowds tonight. If we come back, it will probably be in the evening. We were told the busiest time is 11am-2pm and that it really dies down around 5pm. Also it may get busier starting tomorrow when Beach Club officially opens.

I tried out the big slide that crosses the walkway and it was really cool. I was surprised to learn that there is no minimum height requirement. The rider just needs to be able to go by themselves. It was quite thrilling and the tube would probably induce a claustrophobic panic in some young kids. In any case, I hope to have a chance to try it again later.

By the way, for those following along, my toe was completely fine at the park today, and was fine at the pool other than the constant struggle to keep the bandaid on. I bought a new pack I’m hoping works better. My mistake was getting a fresh one right before the pool - they are least adhesive when you first apply them for some reason, but then become permanently bonded to your skin after a few hours. :joy:

Tomorrow is our rest day. We will have a very late morning, with our first planned activity being brunch in our villa, then dinner at Homecomin’. It is a much needed break from the non-stop action this week!

Thanks for traveling with us so far!

26 Likes

It has been so much fun following along with you and your beautiful family!! Sleep well!!

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing us along!

5 Likes

Oooh! Thanks for the slide report!

4 Likes

I can’t wait for this in 2 weeks, we plan to hit Sleepy Hollow at least twice lol

3 Likes

It was @srentmee. I had the post bookmarked since we hope to take advantage of it too!

My very first attempt at a trip report - #18 by srentmee

Finally caught up on your trip report! Feel like you’re scouting ahead for us! :heart:

5 Likes

Good morning!

We managed to sleep in until 8:30am before some of the kids started stirring. DD2 woke up in her crib but she let me lay her down next to me in my bed and we just cuddled for 30 min. I call that my “get out of jail free card” for having to wake up. As long as I’m helping with the most high maintenance kid, who can blame me for not getting out of bed?! :joy: Please don’t question this logic.

Breakfast is pancakes made fresh in our villa. Btw, we ordered groceries from Instacart twice and it has worked perfectly both times. Well actually, the second time our deliverer texted us from the BCV front desk (we were in Muppet Vision 3D) and said they couldn’t find our reservation! We texted them my name as well as the name from my DVC owner we rented from (had to quickly dig up my rental agreement email from David’s). But before DW sent that info they located our reservation. I think they just didn’t check the drop off notes where DW gave both my and her name, instead of the account which was in her name only. In other words, I don’t think they needed the owner’s name. Anywho …

Breakfast was a hit!

29 Likes

Some good news - photos from DW’s account showed up! I suppose it could have been linked from one of the DDs, but no matter - at least we know for sure we’re seeing more than just my photos since I’m not in them.

I’m starting to wonder if the photos she thinks are missing are from UOR? :thinking: I don’t remember. We haven’t gone on many rides with photos yet so we need more data to see if someone’s aren’t linking.

22 Likes

Question: is housekeeping still on for DVC stays? And if so, is the 4th day including check-in day? So if we checked in Friday, is tomorrow our trash and linens day?

2 Likes

I think it will be tomorrow. It will be trash, towels, paper goods, shampoo/coffee?

2 Likes

Oh good, thanks! I think we’d run out of shampoo without the service and I don’t want to call down to housekeeping just for that.

2 Likes

Our line of sight with Spaceship Earth exactly coincides with the Land Pavilion. That is not a complaint.

I’ve been watching the bus arrival times and it seems the DS bus runs much more frequently than the others. While we were waiting for a HS bus last night at OKW, 3 DS buses dropped by. I imagine they want to make it as easy as possible to keep people shopping at DS, but it’s too bad they don’t have that same dedication for the parks.

Anyway, we will be heading over there later this afternoon for our early dinner at Homecomin’! There is rain in the forecast so we are all going to wear our sandals / flip flops and bring ponchos just in case it is a heavy downpour.

12 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhh my (other other) faaaaavorite!!!

Get some hummingbird cake to go and enjoy it properly as breakfast tomorrow

Are you going to Gideon??

5 Likes

Based on the reviews of the cookies I’m not sure they’re the right kind for me! But maybe if it’s not too long a wait we might.

6 Likes

Taking a walk with DW to the Boardwalk. This is the view Panaroma mode was designed for:

Some more shots so far:

26 Likes

Even my DH (the one that @OBNurseNH said I should divorce because of his less than acceptable appreciation for chocolate) enjoyed himself some Gideons… Don’t be deterred. You should try it once! Or, as in my case, all six of them once…

5 Likes

More Boardwalk.

23 Likes

:woman_shrugging: Everyone has standards. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for the Boardwalk pictures.

3 Likes

I love this place. So glad we had a quiet day to soak it all in.

21 Likes