May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I think the only one you didn’t catch was Pooh! That’s some good luck!

3 Likes

I love your Skyliner photos! I am so looking forward to the Skyliner. I’m staying at POP for the bulk of my trip and I plant to get a LOT of use out of the Skyliner!

I’ve noticed a couple of different trips you ended up on gondolas that don’t have the wraps on them. What would you guess is the mix of ones with wraps and without? I would like to ride one without at least once.

2 Likes

my DH goes on and on w/ his amazement of the engineering of it all every time we ride :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

You didn’t get stuck? There were some reports one section stopped.

3 Likes

thankfully no! We stopped a few times for just a minute at most. We went just after the rainstorm so maybe the report you heard was during the rain briefly?

Now we’re checking out Stormalong Bay! I can already tell evening will be a great time to be here. Fewer people and no sun on our sunburned shoulders! :hot_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

18 Likes

Before we got here the girls wanted their picture with Ariel in front of the DVC building.

22 Likes

Agree! We just booked two days at DLR st the end of August. DD18 just said - we have to ride the teacups!

3 Likes

Speaking of songs on repeat…that’s a fun one to have on repeat for an 8 hour shift. :rofl:

1 Like

Where did you order the corn dog??

1 Like

Sleepy Hollow! The star of the show is the spicy chicken waffle, which was amazing too! But I had to get a corn dog. They are one of my favorite Disney foods. Not sure what it is about a hand-dipped, crunchy battered corn dog.

11 Likes

Same! There’s nothing like it! Loving your trip report. My family of four will be there for our first ever trip in one week! Enjoy your week!

1 Like

Had Wienerschnizle (Yeah, I had no shot at getting that spelling right and I’m still feeling the effects of last night to care) for lunch today. See parenthesis for why. I had the mini corn dog bites and a Chicago dog. One does not question the calling of a corndog. One just CHOWS DOWN.

2 Likes

DS9 is giddy for some reason

This is how the girls were at Homecomin’ last night. I think it’s like slumber party sillies when they get tired.

6 Likes

What? Huh? Not me!

3 Likes

Ok well someone did! :joy:

One more shot of the view from SAB:

Today was an awesome day. We bit off no more than we could chew. We accomplished exactly what was on my itinerary, plus the Speedway. Not rope dropping was the best call - our wait for 7DMT was the longest of the day, but totally manageable in the morning shade.

Focusing on Fantasyland was another good call. I think my kids are getting slowly more adventurous and might be willing to try more thrilling rides later because of it. But ultimately, today was about DD2 and DD4 after we made them ride swap a million times at UOR.

Stormalong Bay was low stress with no sun and no crowds tonight. If we come back, it will probably be in the evening. We were told the busiest time is 11am-2pm and that it really dies down around 5pm. Also it may get busier starting tomorrow when Beach Club officially opens.

I tried out the big slide that crosses the walkway and it was really cool. I was surprised to learn that there is no minimum height requirement. The rider just needs to be able to go by themselves. It was quite thrilling and the tube would probably induce a claustrophobic panic in some young kids. In any case, I hope to have a chance to try it again later.

By the way, for those following along, my toe was completely fine at the park today, and was fine at the pool other than the constant struggle to keep the bandaid on. I bought a new pack I’m hoping works better. My mistake was getting a fresh one right before the pool - they are least adhesive when you first apply them for some reason, but then become permanently bonded to your skin after a few hours. :joy:

Tomorrow is our rest day. We will have a very late morning, with our first planned activity being brunch in our villa, then dinner at Homecomin’. It is a much needed break from the non-stop action this week!

Thanks for traveling with us so far!

26 Likes

It has been so much fun following along with you and your beautiful family!! Sleep well!!

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing us along!

5 Likes

Oooh! Thanks for the slide report!

4 Likes

I can’t wait for this in 2 weeks, we plan to hit Sleepy Hollow at least twice lol

3 Likes

It was @srentmee. I had the post bookmarked since we hope to take advantage of it too!

My very first attempt at a trip report - #18 by srentmee

Finally caught up on your trip report! Feel like you’re scouting ahead for us! :heart:

5 Likes