May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I like the song actually. Very brilliant ear worm. :wink:

The happiest cruise that ever sailed.

P.S. I figured out how to turn off night mode. Thanks for the tips all. :+1:t3:

26 Likes

Knowing that DD2 doesn’t like theater shows, I sat by her on the end of the row and exited about two minutes in when it got too loud and dark. Now we’re in the gift shop again trying to keep her from wanting everything. :joy:

17 Likes

Do you think she may be devious enough to plan to get you out of theatres and into shops so you will buy her all the things??

:angel:

15 Likes

:joy: She might be so devious but I can tell by her heart rate that her reaction is completely genuine. But then again … :joy:

8 Likes

Oscar-winning performance? :wink:

Poor bug. I’m sorry the loud stuff scares her so much!

7 Likes

She LOOOOVES the Carousel though. She could ride this all day.

25 Likes

Is DW using an old Magic Band? When the batteries start to go the rides are the first thing to stop picking them up…or so one CM told me.

Also, my DB and DSIL were there last week and they are linked to me, so I was tracking their progress (as one does when they’re at home and the send people into the bubble). It took a day and a half for their MK ride photos to show up, no idea why…but it was just the ride photos. Sorry you’re missing photos, but you’ve gotten a ton of great ones so far!

The weather here is 48 and rainy today, so I’m going to live vicariously and a little enviously through you all today.

3 Likes

The Magic Bands we have were ordered last year for our cancelled May 2020 trip. So it could be a battery issue but my understanding is that they generally last longer than that.

4 Likes

Hmmm, I wonder if headphones would help?

We didn’t figure out my ds’ auditory sensitivity until he was 6yo. Turned out he could hear three frequencies so well, they could actually cause him pain! Loud stuff, including fireworks were excruciating for him and we never realized why.

That first July 4th after knowing… he wore headphones at our local fireworks and had a huge smile on his face the entire time. I cried. The previous year he was curled into a ball on my lap with his hands over his ears and mine on top of them!

Whenever friends take their littles to WDW for the first time I always recommend having a set of headphones. :headphones:

6 Likes

She is so stinkin’ cute! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I love the whimsy of Winnie the Pooh. And I am totally Roo any time I’m in a strong wind.

Barnstormer was a hit with the kids but honestly not the best kid coaster we’ve done. Tron will look awesome when it doesn’t look like an eyesore.

20 Likes

I’m 100% Rabbit

3 Likes

Dumbo! DD4 has been requesting this one all day. I get to ride with DD2, who loves these kinds of rides.

17 Likes

OMG she put her hands up! She immediately wanted to ride again but I convinced her to go to Ariel next.

29 Likes

You have got a thrill-seeker in the making!

Next stop Aladdin’s Magic carpets for DD2

5 Likes

My girls adore Ariel. It always makes me smile to see them happy. This was DD2’s first time riding that she was old enough to remember (last time she was 3 months. :shushing_face:)

I’ve always found it hilarious that the climax of the film is one virtually static show scene.

But the denouement is perfect.

16 Likes

Diaper change breaks can be fun too.

18 Likes

Can they?? I have blotted those out of my memory. I only remember them negatively. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: DD2 is so stinking cute. I love her hands up on Dumbo!

6 Likes

I should have mentioned that I did not change the diapers this round. :joy: Although, one of the lasting side effects of Covid for DW is that she hasn’t been able to smell stinky diapers. A blessing and a curse - she never knows if they need to be changed. :joy: When I’m home I usually do it. DW’s sense of smell is messed up in all sorts of ways, that is the only good part of the situation. Hopefully it goes back to normal eventually.

Now on to teacups, the last ride of the day. I have to say, this is one ride that Disneyland does waaaayyyyyy better. There it is so quaint and cute. Here it is kind of mass produced feeling. The soundtrack for the DL version is better too. Still, it’s one of the kids’ long-time favorites, so we have to do it. Thankfully it doesn’t make me sick.

18 Likes

Next stop is Olivia’s!

17 Likes