May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Great picture, and I’m happy to see so many Star Wars t-shirts!

4 Likes

She is so cute! What does her shirt say? It looks like Grogu!

4 Likes

Congratulations on the single digit boarding group! I was laughing that it wasn’t you who scored it after all the work you have done for us on scoring a BG. Have the best day ever in immersion!

5 Likes

In Jeff’s defense, it is sometimes the person who does all the prep making it possible for others to have the success. In my case, I was barking instructions like a drill sergeant to DD’s. Close your app! Open your app! 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW! I didn’t get us a single BG (we got three on our August trip last year), but I felt like my role was pretty instrumental. :joy:

11 Likes

I was just pulling his leg!

6 Likes

“The Force is Strong with This Child”

In line! I love this prop.

20 Likes

:raised_hand:

Guilty!!! :sweat_smile::joy:

5 Likes

Awesome. Check out the helmets in the locker. There are some cool additions!

4 Likes

No spoilers.

Ambitious. Epic. Catharsis.

Zen.

15 Likes

Riding again with rider swap. (We will switch who rides twice. 3 return riders allowed including the adult.)

17 Likes

$2 = MORE SHOPPING!!! Yay!!

3 Likes

My kids are 4.5 years apart with the older one being a ride or die girl since she was a toddler and the younger one avoiding anything remotely thrill ride-like. My older one ADORED rider swap over the years. It allowed her to ride w/ both mom and dad and gave her bonus rides all over WDW. RS is definitely a boon for older siblings! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

When I got off the first time, I literally had tears in my eyes.

4 Likes

Slightly longer thoughts, still no spoilers:

I have tried to avoid spoilers over the past year and a half but it’s hard when you are a Disney fanatic! I had seen images of most parts of the ride and generally knew everything that happened. A couple of things surprised me.

Still, I was in awe the entire ride. How did they dare try something so ambitious and interdependent?! And they executed it!

I can see why it breaks down so often, or at least did. I was seriously amazed that every element was running and working (that I’m aware of - I’m pretty sure it had all the pre-shows and main elements). People have said it’s multiple rides in one and I can’t even count how many ride systems you’d have to include - more than the four I’d heard thrown out though. And then think of the animatronics!

Also I can see why some have said the CMs make the experience. They were all great but it will vary of course.

If nothing else goes right this vacation, remind me of today and I’ll try to humble myself. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Now it is time to convince the DW that you need to go on a cruise next year…a Galactic Star Cruise.

9 Likes

Lunch at Docking Bay 7.

23 Likes

I am almost completely ignorant of all aspects of RotR. I have seen a few images but nothing super specific or a huge tip off of what is to come.

Trying hard to keep it that way until I ride in October.

(Apparently I have already replied to you three times in this topic and I should encourage others to be involved in the conversation!)

8 Likes

I need a smol child to borrow to RS this ride x3 (for a total of 6 rides) next month.

11 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

2 Likes

Maybe I can just make friends with someone there who has a smol child and I can convince them to let me work the system a bit :thinking:

4 Likes