May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

That’s how amazing the actress is! She evokes strong feelings, and even people who don’t know her character are drawn to her!

Best actor/actress portrayal second only to Dumbledore in my humble opinion and pretty damn close to McGonagall.

4 Likes

At the Malfoy mansion after Harry, Hermione and Ron get captured toward the end of Deathly Hallows I, in the movie universe. Lots of screaming involved.

6 Likes

The question is though, which Dubledore?

1 Like

Great…now I gotta go back and watch, but I didn’t really like the movies too much. A lot of ‘There’s a lot to cover and you’re focusing on THIS?” moments and then cutting out the Battle of Hogwarts left me feeling very underwhelmed.

5 Likes

It’s like Mickey….there are no “multiples” of Dumbledor :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Getting back to the pool and seeing my kids so excited and happy was priceless! I wish I could bottle up their enthusiasm I felt as they each in turn told me the things they did while I was gone that were the best ever. They loved Seuss landing.

Little DD2 came up to me and DSIL as we arrived at the pool and said loudly, “It’s so fun!!” Her favorite ride was the Carosuessal.

DD4 told me all about the different rides in Seuss landing. Her favorite ride of the day was The Cat in the Hat. She said it was tied with Hippogriff, but later said Cat in the Hat was better. She also loved how each animal of the carousel had a button or lever you could press to make it do something. Hers you could move the nose.

DD7 told me all about the shops and toys she saw. So like her to care about the shopping above all! :joy: I’ve got a little diva on my hands. Her favorite ride at UOR was the Cat in the Hat.

DS9’s favorite ride was Forbidden Journey. He struggled for a bit when I asked him if Spider-Man was bettered, but after thinking he confirmed it was definitely Forbidden Journey. He liked the slide at the HRH pool but didn’t like that he had to wear a life vest (he’s a hair under 48 inches without shoes).

It was a great note to end the UOR trip on. They all zonked out instantly in bed.

Tomorrow is a transfer to BCV. We’re going to do bite sized bits of one or two parks a day from here on out - our UOR touring plan was the most crunched due to limited time. We don’t have another RD to close day planned!

Our goal is to focus on Batuu tomorrow and hopefully ride RotR. :crossed_fingers: In the evening after checkin we will have dinner at Teppan Edo and ride Frozen Ever After. At some point, probably evening, we will swim at Stormalong Bay or the other pool on the DVC side if it’s too busy.

Yes I agree. I ditched my first gen Disney masks after second gen came out. I stocked up on those.

24 Likes

Do you have a Lightsaber build planned? I don’t remember seeing if you do.

3 Likes

I knew as soon as I typed that, that I would probably get that question.

I was really sad when Richard Harris passed and thought no one could replace him. But the more I saw of Sir Gambon, the more I grew to love him as well.

That said, I second @Randall1028…how can you choose a favorite? (Steamboat and Sorcerer)

5 Likes

Well there’s also Jude Law as well… :smile:

5 Likes

I do - it’s part of my date night next Thursday with DW. She will be my +1 for the experience. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Has your crystal chosen you yet?

3 Likes

They all did a great job. Too bad they were the one that led the lamb to the slaughter

3 Likes

Well played! :woman_facepalming:

I feel…ashamed. /hangs head

MOVIE NIGHT!

3 Likes

I like all three actors who have portrayed Dumbledore (I think there’s a fourth if you count flashbacks to his childhood with Grindelwald? I can’t remember.) Hard to pick a favorite cause I think they all work well in the context they were cast for.

4 Likes

Looking forward to you finally enjoying ROTR! So excited for you!

6 Likes

I need to do my research! I have an idea in my head what I want it to look like based on the sets I’ve seen. And I think I want a RotJ green blade.

5 Likes

Reach out with your feelings. Your crystal will choose you.

(Green Blade Gang Best Gang.)

4 Likes

My only suggestion tomorrow is to slow down and soak up every bit of Black Spire Outpost. It is truly amazing!

4 Likes

Do not get me started…

6 Likes

AND BRING A CHARGER FOR YOUR PHONES! Hack, scan, and decrypt EVERYTHING!

I seriously hope ROTR is fully ARMED AND OPERATIONAL for you tomorrow!

(Edit: fixed. :slight_smile: )

6 Likes