May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

11 Likes

Forgot to mention it’s running again now. Should be on soon.

6 Likes

I had the strawberry shortcake one at Black Tap. It was very good. I do love plain chocolate shakes for the reason you stated!

2 Likes

Hope DBIL is okay!! :joy:

2 Likes

This time I let DW ride the motorcycle and I did the sidecar. She loved it! I thought the sidecar was just as good of a ride, but the stance of the motorbike made it really cool. To make the sidecar more fun I pretended I was Harry Potter being transported by Hagrid. :joy:

16 Likes

Everyone survived without us just fine. Now I’m in line for dinner at Three Broomsticks. Much shorter than before.

11 Likes

Would love to be there right now :slightly_smiling_face:

Mmmmm fish n chips

4 Likes

4 Likes

Line for a table was less than 20 min (mostly in shade) compared to almost an hour the first day (in the sun). I think our food plan today worked really well - do a table service lunch so you have a reservation and a break from the sun. Do a quick service dinner, with Three Broomsticks being a great option. It’s also the best way to get your fill of butterbeer. The lines for the carts are in the sun and very long all day.

We’re going to do Spider-Man and maybe something in Seuss Landing on our way out of the park. Then DSIL and I (the thrill seekers of the group) are going to do the roller coasters while the kids and DW and DBIL go back to the hotel and go for a dip in the pool. We will probably have time to join them but we’ll see.

13 Likes

Any chance at a 2nd VC ride, or focusing on things like Hulk and RRR?

2 Likes

That’s the question! I think we’ll do Hulk and RRR but honestly I’d prefer to do VC again since I know it’s the best coaster here besides Hagrid’s. But I’ll talk it over with DSIL.

5 Likes

The kids were “too cold” in the restaurant so they asked me to take them outside after we were done eating. The others are coming out soon.

22 Likes

This is the greatest trip report in the history of trip reports! It’s so fun to follow along and is a highlight of my day to read up on what you all have been doing. All the smiling faces are the best! And as a documentarian I love the details you’re choosing to include. It gives me all the feels and you’re not even my family :joy:. It’s going to be so great to read back on in the future. You should make a quick photo book with your commentary. For reals.

6 Likes

Oh my, thank you!!! Such kind words. We are having a great time and I am so blessed that my kids are happy most of the time. :sweat_smile::joy:

DD2 and I are waiting for the rest of the family to ride Spider-Man. If DW thinks I’ll be ok motion sickness-wise, I will ride. If not, we’ll move on to the rest of our plan.

22 Likes

I ended up skipping Spider-Man at DW’s advice. She described it as Star Tours in a mini vehicle. I could see that the vehicles were enclosed and it was 3 or 4 rows of 4 in each vehicle. And it had screens on the front that kind of surrounded to the sides. I decided that was too risky given what I’m sensitive to.

5 Likes

I emphatically concur!

2 Likes

If you take a half of a less drowsy Dramamine (NOT the non drowsy, which is just ginger) at the start of the day, you will likely tolerate the simulator rides. That’s what I have been doing, and works like a charm. Taking a full pill also works…but it makes me groggy feeling. Half a pill, I don’t feel tired from.

Spiderman is a bit more like that Hogwarts ride (FJ) than Star Tours.

4 Likes

I’m reviewing the TR, but what I know about USO could fit on a postage stamp. I like the smiles, tho.

I wish the names of the slides at VB were even somewhat memorable for me. I’ll never keep them straight if we go.

4 Likes

I do something similar. I take a whole pill and I start taking them the day before my trip and take one every day of. Simulator rides are the most likely to give me trouble, sometimes even with less drowsy Dramamine.

3 Likes

Two questions:

1. What ride is this?
  2. How early do you need to get to Ollivander’s? As discussed in previous threads, I am not fast.
8 Likes