May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Oops, see what happens when you assume! That’s even better!!

6 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Have you been to USH? Maybe because it was brand new when we rode it, but the FoH at USH seemed a little faster. We call it the Gadget’s Go Coaster of Universal. :joy:

3 Likes

I have been on FoH at both but I can’t remember well enough to compare. They both seem about the same but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

(Is USH Universal Studios Hollywood? Because dang that’s confusing to a Disney Brain)

6 Likes

Line for Hagrid’s is long. Coming up on an hour. I think it was down at some point this afternoon. At least we’re inside - the first 20 min or so were outside. There was shade but it was still muggy. Here are some pics.

15 Likes

Look at the graffiti as you start to go inside!

Also look for the egg from the Tri-Wizard tournament

3 Likes

The ride broke down again within sight of the boarding area. We’ve been waiting 70 min now. Poor DBIL! He had the kids at Camp Jurassic. Hope they’re ok.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Forgot to mention it’s running again now. Should be on soon.

6 Likes

I had the strawberry shortcake one at Black Tap. It was very good. I do love plain chocolate shakes for the reason you stated!

2 Likes

Hope DBIL is okay!! :joy:

2 Likes

This time I let DW ride the motorcycle and I did the sidecar. She loved it! I thought the sidecar was just as good of a ride, but the stance of the motorbike made it really cool. To make the sidecar more fun I pretended I was Harry Potter being transported by Hagrid. :joy:

16 Likes

Everyone survived without us just fine. Now I’m in line for dinner at Three Broomsticks. Much shorter than before.

11 Likes

Would love to be there right now :slightly_smiling_face:

Mmmmm fish n chips

4 Likes

4 Likes

Line for a table was less than 20 min (mostly in shade) compared to almost an hour the first day (in the sun). I think our food plan today worked really well - do a table service lunch so you have a reservation and a break from the sun. Do a quick service dinner, with Three Broomsticks being a great option. It’s also the best way to get your fill of butterbeer. The lines for the carts are in the sun and very long all day.

We’re going to do Spider-Man and maybe something in Seuss Landing on our way out of the park. Then DSIL and I (the thrill seekers of the group) are going to do the roller coasters while the kids and DW and DBIL go back to the hotel and go for a dip in the pool. We will probably have time to join them but we’ll see.

13 Likes

Any chance at a 2nd VC ride, or focusing on things like Hulk and RRR?

2 Likes

That’s the question! I think we’ll do Hulk and RRR but honestly I’d prefer to do VC again since I know it’s the best coaster here besides Hagrid’s. But I’ll talk it over with DSIL.

5 Likes

The kids were “too cold” in the restaurant so they asked me to take them outside after we were done eating. The others are coming out soon.

22 Likes