May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

DSis picked a winner! Great uncle right there! :star_struck:

7 Likes

How do those shakes compare to Black Tap?

I was able to hide my obsession with Hello Kitty through my daughter for a long time. Then, she grew up and grew out of her love for Hello Kitty. Now, I don’t care that I’m an adult who still loves Hello Kitty!

By the way, ask her what color is Hello Kitty’s nose? You would think since I’ve been obsesses with Hello Kitty my entire life I would know the answer. But it took DS, then 3, telling me that he colored Hello Kitty’s nose “yellow” because her nose is yellow! That’s because I was ignorant enough to ask him why he colored her nose yellow!:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

When I went to Black Tap I ordered a regular chocolate shake. I thought this one was too rich. There were bits of chocolate in every sip. It was like eating a brownie while drinking a shake. I imagine the crazy shakes at Black Tap are similar.

4 Likes

the wand photo with your son is the best. what a special treat for him!

7 Likes

Oh no, not another long thread about your learning all the details about a movie series! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smiley::grinning::crazy_face::dizzy_face::wink:

3 Likes

Here are some pics that DBIL got with the girls. Also @melcort10 he, DW, and DSIL are all siblings. But he is definitely a keeper!

22 Likes

And the problem is…? :joy:

4 Likes

Caught the stage show with the Triwizard Tournament guests. We rode Hippogriff 6 times in a row for DD4! It’s her favorite.

20 Likes

I did not know this but DD4 did! Sure enough, if you check the pic, it is yellow!

6 Likes

I seem to recall Hello Kitty as only in black and white when I was young. There was probably stuff in color as well, but I mostly remember little cartoons done in black and white. Still, I was just at the Hello Kitty store, and couldn’t have told you her nose was yellow!

4 Likes

It’s all worth it.

35 Likes

So cute! Your DW and her siblings definitely share a family resemblance! I am loving your trip report!

I agree about Ollivander’s. I thought it might be kind of cheesy, but DD18 loved it and so did I. I think having just us in there was kind of cool. Think about it … Harry was by himself when he got his wand!

8 Likes

Here’s DD4 on her favorite ride for the who knows which time.

18 Likes

Oops, see what happens when you assume! That’s even better!!

6 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Have you been to USH? Maybe because it was brand new when we rode it, but the FoH at USH seemed a little faster. We call it the Gadget’s Go Coaster of Universal. :joy:

3 Likes

I have been on FoH at both but I can’t remember well enough to compare. They both seem about the same but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

(Is USH Universal Studios Hollywood? Because dang that’s confusing to a Disney Brain)

6 Likes

Line for Hagrid’s is long. Coming up on an hour. I think it was down at some point this afternoon. At least we’re inside - the first 20 min or so were outside. There was shade but it was still muggy. Here are some pics.

15 Likes

Look at the graffiti as you start to go inside!

Also look for the egg from the Tri-Wizard tournament

3 Likes