May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

She has it mixed up. Being “in line” is when a Liner is supposed to have a meltdown, not during an attraction or viewing the dragon.

8 Likes

So this is day 5. Do we have a resort/rest day coming up soon?

4 Likes

Looks like Sunday :grimacing:

3 Likes

Oof.
My general rule is 3, 4 days max and then a resort day. Otherwise the pressure valve fails and we have DEFCON 1 level meltdowns. All kids are different though.

4 Likes

He is one brave guy!

5 Likes

My kids have meltdowns on rest days as bad as the non rest days. The key is to change things up within the day. An evening at a pool has done wonders, as has a table service lunch. Right now we are at Toothsome! DD2 is asleep in her stroller and thankfully they let us bring it by our table.

DS9 got to do the wand ceremony at Ollivander’s and I can’t emphasize enough how amazing it was. Perfect.

The Magical Menagerie was one of my favorite shops. Lots of cool creatures. We found a pink Pygmy Puff there for DD4, because of course all the girls need the same souvenir! :joy:

Also took a walk down Knockturn alley. It’s very cool and shady (heh) down there, so go when you’re hot.

26 Likes

The one good thing about all the protocols is that we got the Ollivander’s experience to ourselves with a guarantee that one of our kids would get picked (and DS9 was the best choice since he is the Potter fanatic of the family). But it sure is a lot of wasted space and air conditioning!

And … DD7 just lost her tooth … in Toothsome. :joy:

33 Likes

Love Knock Turn Alley!

Wow what are the odds of that!!

5 Likes

Her third tooth in a month!

22 Likes

This is amazing!! Do they have a special tooth container for her??? Haha they should!

8 Likes

She still looks so adorable! What is the tooth fairy leaving tonight!:thinking::wink:

6 Likes

I just got chills after seeing your DS in Ollivanders being chosen by the wand! Those memories will be with him and you for a long time. Amazing!

Toothsome was definitely one of our favourites. One of these can definitely get rid of any meltdowns…

11 Likes

DD2’s first words when she woke up from her nap were “I want a shake.” :joy::joy::joy:

18 Likes

I don’t know a lot about HP but I do like Bellatrix

4 Likes

Bellatrix Lestrange is definitely a favourite antagonist in the world of HP for me. Helena Bonham Carter did an amazing job in the movies portraying her.

8 Likes

Imagine my surprise.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

See if I knew more I’d understand that. But I don’t even think I know enough to know what you mean by this.

5 Likes

Do we need to start a “Ok I’ve finally started my secret watching of HP” thread? :rofl:

13 Likes

So awesome your DS was chosen!!

6 Likes

FIFY

8 Likes