May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Glad you enjoyed Hagrids! How about that scenery going through the queue? Stunning. And a good view of Hogwarts too if I remember. Were you prepared for the drop?

5 Likes

I agree with the food comments. Nothing spectacular or available in the parks and usually not open when you need it.

We typically plan one meal a day in city walk. That usually makes up for the lack of something good in the parks. Our favorites are cowfish, toothsome, and VIVO Italian.

I best strategy so far has been an in room breakfast or pickup from the takeout in the basement of HRH, some snaks around the parks throughout the day…like the Lardo donut at Moes…, and then an evening meal at city walk.

3 Likes

Enjoy the pool at HRH. When we were there last, they were showing the jurrasic park movie at the side of the pool. You could watch and swim at the same time.

3 Likes

Yikes. Way to traumatize the young kids! :t_rex:

5 Likes

Yes I had read about the ride and even watched a POV when it first opened. (Haven’t done that for RotR yet!) But it was even better than I imagined.

Better than Jaws!

9 Likes

We’re back at the hotel now. Rooms are spacious but not nearly as sprawling as our 2BR villa at Jambo, of course!

I’m exhausted! Volcano Bay is up tomorrow!

19 Likes

Is it Friday yet? :crazy_face: :sweat_smile:

ENJOY VB!!!

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I’m super excited for Friday and RotR! Also excited for the holiday weekend. While it does mean the parks will be busier, I’m also hoping everyone at my work stops emailing each other so I don’t have to spend as much time at night catching up on work emails! But honestly it’s been quiet, which is why I chose to go on vacation right now. Two weeks is a long time to be away though.

10 Likes

You should give everyone on this thread your Disney Login for Friday. We can all try and snag you that BG! :rofl:

Enjoy VB!

3 Likes

Yes it is a long time. Hard for anyone to get away while in peace that has on going job responsibilities! Especially a dependable employee like you!

3 Likes

That would be very fitting! :joy::joy::joy: I would be honored to have everyone’s help. But I think with four of us trying we should hopefully be covered. :crossed_fingers: We’re ready!

11 Likes

Naa…Jeff is a self made expert, just like me :joy:

Don’t worry, he knows The Way!

6 Likes

When DS6 was 3, his favorite movies were the Jurassic Park movies! For his 4th birthday, the second Jurassic World movie had just opened in theaters, and that’s what he picked to do. No trauma here :joy:

6 Likes

:rofl:
My brother traumatized me at age 7 by taking me to Donald Sutherland in Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I could not sleep for a week!! He also had a pair of windup fake teeth that he kept freaking me out with.

He then followed it up the next year with Alien. I remember covering my eyes and trying not see or hear anything…because “in space, they can’t hear you scream”.

My DS and DD are big Jurrasic Park Fans as well. We had a long discussion before they watched them about make believe and reality. They consumed them all and love every minute of it. My little ones had an affinity for the dinosaurs of Universal Pictures over those from Disney.

5 Likes

Me too! I check my work email a few times a day when I’m on vacation to keep up. Otherwise, it takes to long to catch up and keep on moving!

2 Likes

Sounds like everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves today!

2 Likes

My DH is a hufflepuff!

4 Likes

My niece is a Hufflepuff. I definitely think Hagrid’s is better than anything else at WDW or UOR.

5 Likes

See? This is why my plan two weeks ago to quit my job and not start my new one until after I got home was so brilliant. Four stars. Highly recommend.

12 Likes