May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I was just wondering. We had butterbeer at Three Broomsticks with lunch and then twice at a cart (We were wilting from the heat and humidity. Okay, I’ll admit that we are addicted to butterbeer!)

6 Likes

Yes there was a huge line for the butterbeer cart so I’m glad we got it with lunch.

We’re doing this!

Sign says 40 min wait.

21 Likes

Meanwhile kids are having a blast at Camp Jurassic. DBIL (who doesn’t like coasters) sent us this pic. We’re about halfway through the line.

29 Likes

And now we know why DBIL was invited on the trip …

22 Likes

I love how DBIL is rocking a Star Wars shirt (which is awesome, by the way!) to UOR! :rofl: You are spot on, however, with JP shirt.

8 Likes

That … was … EPIIIIIIIICCCCCCC!!!

One of the best, most thrilling coasters I’ve ever been on. Very smooth, VERY fast. Not much to the drop, so it’s more of a speed and inversion thing.

24 Likes

The queue was about 37 min vs 40 posted. That includes the part after the locker check. It was more like 30 before the lockers.

At the very end of the ride, we were stopped for like 4-5 minutes before it resumed again. Hopefully the train behind us wasn’t mid ride for that! :joy: Everything seemed ok when we returned and a TM apologized for the wait. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Were they actually clean & not expired? Thus far my experience with car seats in rentals has been really awful.

1 Like

Clean and appeared in good shape. I can’t speak to expiration dates but they weren’t brand new by any means.

1 Like

Personal question? Are you on that Dramamine or no? (feel free not to answer)

As someone who has a lot of motion sensitivity issues at UOR, I’m hesitant to try anything after my last Red Rocket Butterbeer/Faming Moe debacle.

I’m hopeful that’s it’s smooth…my back will live that.

2 Likes

I did take another ginger Dramamine just before Velocicoaster just in case. I’m not going to do any simulators today I think though. Not in the mood really.

Big news: We got a VQ for Hagrid’s! Later this afternoon around 4-5. We had four people trying and 3 of us got one for our whole party.

17 Likes

Awesome! Hagrid’s and VC both in one day! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yay! Amazing!

1 Like

Update: We rode Bluto’s Barges and are all soaked to the bone. Thankfully it’s hot enough out here that it felt good. We had to use rider swap and I found it amusing that some people used the child swap waiting area to change themselves and their children after the ride. They say not to do that but people are there anyway. Saw more than one naked child.

Next we ride swapped Jurassic Park River Adventure. DS9 and DD7 were brave and rode it. DS9 gave it a thumb sideways angling up. He loved everything but the drop. DD7 liked it but was content with once through.

14 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

I think we had the MOST fun on this ride over any other ride, because we were laughing so hard, at ourselves and each other. We got off, commented how drenched we were, then got right back in line. We also rode Ripsaw Falls just before hand, but Bluto’s was a lot more fun.

Three of us dressed appropriately with clothes and sandals that dried quickly. My DDIL and DS, however, were wearing shoes, socks, and cotton shirts. Not advisable!

5 Likes

I warned you to bring a change of clothes! LOL

4 Likes

I think so far my kids would agree. It was a great family adventure.

4 Likes

Ok, so DM does NOT like water in her face. Can’t turn her face towards the shower head. Doesn’t swim much and never puts her head under. Is there the potential for her to have a panic attack? Or will she be able to avert her face enough she doesn’t think she’s being smothered?

IIRC, there’s good viewing areas so we can watch a few minutes before joining the queue, but I would like some idea which direction I should steer her.

I think Barges is the only one that might be an issue, with the rest being more short duration splashes?

3 Likes

We were completely soaked (like wring your clothes out) on Ripsaw Falls during our family trip. So it isn’t only the Barges.

ETA - I went and found the photo I posted on Facebook after riding. My comment included, “…we may as well have jumped into a swimming pool fully clothed.”

10 Likes