May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I would have done the same! Something about the 10 second rule? :rofl:

5 Likes

“Pink Hearts, Yellow Stars, Green Clovers, Blue Diamonds, and Purple Horseshoes”

The pebbles are a customization only available to those at AKL-Jambo this morning. One time offer.

14 Likes

Ok checkin and getting our passes was as seamless as could be! Then we went out to grab the water taxi. We should have walked but oh well - it was a pleasant ride.

We got inside IoA to see a mass of humanity. We were distracted right at Hagrid’s drop and arrived on the app in time to try to select a party but have no passes left. Ugh. Set a couple of timers for the later drops.

Got in a HUGE line for Three Broomsticks right after 11. They say it is 45 min to an hour and that will probably end up being right. My poor kiddos are exhausted and hot and we haven’t ridden a ride yet. Lol. But we will be happier when we eat and have frozen butterbeer down our throats.

Otherwise we are hoping to take it easy the rest of the day with our express passes and maybe some wet rides that would be very welcome right now. Lol

22 Likes

Good news is we have a good view of the Velocicoaster running back here.

18 Likes

DW snagged this one on the way into the land.

26 Likes

Finally seated about 45 minutes later! Yikes. Hopefully that is the longest line we wait in today.

It WILL be worth it for the frozen butterbeer. I know that already. But the AC is also delightful.

24 Likes

DD7 is pouting ironically. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: She is the sassy one in our family. :joy:

11 Likes

Oh my goodness poor DD is so sad!!!

6 Likes

I told DD7 to smile for me for a pic :joy:

25 Likes

Oh she’s a sassy pants huh? I love her!

6 Likes

Yep. Worth it.

23 Likes

DD7 is hilarious. My DD12 is just like that. She’s like “That was too long a wait for lunch, Dad. I thought you were a liner. When are all your charts and graphs supposed to actually start helping us. If my food doesn’t come soon, I’ll just eat some Lucky Charms.” :rofl:

14 Likes

Frosted mini wheats and lucky charms are my 2 favorites lol

3 Likes

Is that frozen? I am surprised you can drink it like that. It is so cold that I had to pace myself…and even then I ended up with an agonizingly painful, frozen throat!

2 Likes

That is adorable!

2 Likes

Yes frozen. I was sipping so not too fast. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there no longer a butterbeer cart outside?

2 Likes

There is - maybe two in Hogsmeade? But I think they were also having lunch

4 Likes

I was just wondering. We had butterbeer at Three Broomsticks with lunch and then twice at a cart (We were wilting from the heat and humidity. Okay, I’ll admit that we are addicted to butterbeer!)

6 Likes

Yes there was a huge line for the butterbeer cart so I’m glad we got it with lunch.

We’re doing this!

Sign says 40 min wait.

21 Likes