May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I was never able to make it into Dok Ondar’s. There was always a line, even at the very end of the day when I was headed to Savi’s. Sorry!

2 Likes

Do you need me to check @bebe80?
PM me if you need something specific. I have three days booked at HS. One I might change to EP but still plenty of options.

3 Likes

No problem. I’m not a big collector except for local old postcards, but I like the medallions and am waiting for the next ones to come out!

2 Likes

I don’t need any, but some other liners were wondering if the silver ones are still available. So it’s not a big deal. Thanks!

3 Likes

I will at least look

3 Likes

UPDATE ON THIS STORY:

I wrote a snail mail letter to Universal describing our experience with waiting in long lines at concierge and the nightmare of getting our express passes linked and sent it a couple of weeks ago. I told them I would love a refund on our express passes, but my primary purpose in writing was to bring this to their attention so they could increase staffing at concierge. I was very complimentary about the remainder of our experience at UOR.

Today I got an email from them apologizing for the experience at concierge and providing complimentary 1-day express passes for Volcano Bay that never expire. They also said they forwarded our feedback to the appropriate people so it can be addressed.

So, it pays to provide constructive feedback. It’s a win win win for me, Universal, and future guests.

23 Likes

P.S. I also emailed WDW merchandising and received a $20 refund for the overcharge for my lightsaber since they charged me the new price even though I should have been grandfathered under the old price since I reserved prior to the price increase.

19 Likes

We finally got our Animation Experience using YouTube on a lazy Saturday afternoon. The animal we would have drawn if there had been room in our session was Tuk Tuk!

There were tears shed during the experience, but in the end everyone had a good time! They are all signed. Me (Jeff), DW (Melinda), DD7 (Karen), I helped a lot with DD4’s (Jane). DS9 (Samuel) is posing with his drawing.

27 Likes

Those are fantastic!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Love them!!

3 Likes

Aw man! I want to draw Tuk Tuk!!

Are they done on certain days or rotate throughout the day (like, do I need to haunt the place for Tuk Tuk)?

3 Likes

The day we were there they had Tuk Tuk at one time and then Crush at the next time. I think they rotate throughout the day, and from week to week it could change, so not sure you can arrange for sure unless you know someone who has been there that day.

4 Likes

By the way, here is the YouTube video we used. You can find most of the characters online. I marked the guidelines myself using a bowl and a plate, but they won’t be as exact as the real experience.

6 Likes

Thanks. I guess all I can do is go out there and ask.

3 Likes

Yup it changes sometimes by the session!!

4 Likes

That happened when we were there. They had a picture posted of what we would draw, and it wasn’t the same as the previous session.

2 Likes

We’re Mission Beach in San Diego today. For those who miss pics of DD2:

21 Likes

San Diego? Sooooo close to Disneyland! Are you headed there?

4 Likes

Not this time! My in laws have a crazy tradition of doing a day trip to the beach from Phoenix. They leave at 3am, stay at the beach from 9am-3pm, then drive home! When I joined the family, I did that once with them then Noped! myself into a hotel room every time since. So we do it as a one night there-and-back trip.

8 Likes

My Anne Sand Witch with a jam sandwich.

21 Likes