May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

While I’m waiting for baggage claim, it’s a good time to report that we only lost a child once on this trip. DS9 got separated from us in the gift shop after FEA. We all exited but him and realized he wasn’t with us.

Thankfully he remembered what we taught him and went to talk to the nearest cast member in the store. By that point DW was back to the store and a CM helped them get connected. Phew! Glad it didn’t happen to a little one.

21 Likes

Thank you for such an awesome trip report. Really enjoyed following along, your kids a beyond cute and truly makes me miss when my kids were that age. I am going to miss checking in to see what you and family were up. At least I can look forward to being there myself on Wednesday.

12 Likes

When I was about his age, my family abandoned me in a South Carolina strip mall.

OK, maybe not on purpose.
But i guess I got separated from my mom and walked out when she walked in.
Unbeknownst to me, my dad had driven the car over to a service station.
So yeah.
From my POV, my whole family was nowhere in sight.

Being an intrepid 9 year old I did the smart thing: I started walking back to our hotel.
OK not smart but I was walking in the right direction.

Got as far as a service station and the attendant took me inside, treated me to a frosty Coke and called the local constabulary.
That got me a ride in the front seat of a police car!
Luckily my teenage sister had stayed at the hotel so she took custody of me.

Good times!

13 Likes

Ugh. Came home to a broken AC. Thankfully we have two systems and the one that’s working covers our bedrooms. This is the third time we’ve come home from vacation to a broken appliance. Two years ago it was the downstairs AC, last year it was our refrigerator, and now our upstairs AC.

Any idea why this happens? We basically left it running the same schedule, just a couple degrees warmer.

3 Likes

Do not like. Probably coincidence, but yeesh. I’m sorry.

5 Likes

As promised, the Baymax locations

Baymax Location Answer Key

10 Likes

When I lived down there, this happened to us once. As you know, (but saying it for others who might not) many of the AC units are on the exterior roof. While we were away, some enterprising souls climbed up there and stole some of the pieces out for the copper. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Ugh that’s a crappy end to your trip!

6 Likes

That makes me so mad. We had the same kind of issue here except with catalytic converters and palladium/rhodium. :rage:

7 Likes

Yay, I found them all! :wink:

5 Likes

Great job with this, it was both fun and frustrating going back thru and finding him

8 Likes

Um… :thinking:

6 Likes

:laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

5 Likes

This just made me laugh hysterically all over again! So great!

6 Likes

I was very happy to discover that I lost 2 lbs during the trip! And I was already in decent shape for me. I now weigh about what I did in 2008 when I graduated from college.

Considering all the food I ate, here is the only explanation:

The furthest distance we walked was on our second UOR day, May 27th. Our shortest distance was measured on our Volcano Bay day, but obviously that is lacking data from leaving my phone at our chairs.

17 Likes

My feet hurt just reading all those miles.

5 Likes

Yeah. On those double-digit days, that’s more than 5 hours spent just walking.
At the moment, it takes deliberate effort to get away from my computer and do 30 minutes of walking.

I will die.

7 Likes

This was so fun! Thank you! We

4 Likes

So sorry to hear this. We turn our AC/heat off when we are on vacation, though I can understand leaving the AC on. When the kids returned from WDW Christmas Eve 2019, the switch to the heating/cooling control was broken. It was 52 degrees in the house, which is fairly frigid for us in the SF Bay Area. They left their space heaters on all night!:roll_eyes: And then they went to their cousins’ house on Christmas day to be warmed by their heating system and family around them!

5 Likes

I’m so disappointed in myself! :disappointed:

I did check Jeff’s sunglasses in that boat pic but still didn’t see you until today! I will blame it on reading on my phone. :wink:

10 Likes