May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

My DS, at the time, 5, said something pretty similar. The best I came up with was, well, it’s fun to pretend. :weary:

3 Likes

Wifi is struggling so here are some more random shots that got left off the last post.

19 Likes

Yet more that I think didn’t post:

12 Likes

Funny story:

I took the little girls back to the room so I could order the luggage from bell services and get the kids (and myself) dry and warm. I gave them a bath and I specifically told them (mostly DD4) that if they had to go potty, to tell me so they could go on the toilet.

Bell services arrives and I open the door for them, then as the guy is unloading our bags, I go back to the bath to check on the girls and DD4 says, “I have something” and she hands me what I think is a pebble.

It’s poop. :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The joys of parenthood.

27 Likes

I certainly don’t miss that part of the kids being a bit younger :rofl:

First bath I ever gave to my daughter after being born… yea, she took a dump in it.

8 Likes

Night time views are gorgeous as well. Oh how I wish we had a firework show tonight!

30 Likes

I didn’t get a DME letter … they still give you those the day before right? Is there an issue when you check in the day before you check out? How can I find out my departure time?

They should have it at the front desk.

2 Likes

You can also call DME at 866-599-0951

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Will they let you on the bus without the paper these days? If you call, how do you get it?

1 Like

You can call same day for a ressie. I know others here have needed to do that with last minute trip changes. I’m not sure how they validate it.

2 Likes

I’ve always been able to get the front desk to print mine out. Even with last minute changes.

3 Likes

Those are gorgeous. I’m gonna cry.

4 Likes

Ok, O will be doing this again in two weeks. The last three times I have stopped at the desk the night I check in/the night before DME and they had my envelop there.

I was wondering if I could do something else.

1 Like

We were at BOG from 530 to 630ish. Guess we just missed you.

13 Likes

They may very well have it there already. But if its in question it doesn’t hurt to call. And I don’t know if Jeff is alone with the two littles - he may not want to go to the desk at the moment, but still get the information :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool! We were in the Rose Room I think they called it. It was a good choice since it was relatively secluded but also bright and upbeat.

I called and got my time. I haven’t checked with the front desk about my paper. However, when I checked in at MCO, I just gave them my name and confirmation number. I had printed out my email from home (since I had changed some details after getting the official mailed copy) and I don’t think they really cared. I do have a similar email for my departure if needed.

5 Likes

We had an exciting last day! Checking out of one hotel and into another wasn’t too disruptive. We accomplished everything we needed to today. Everyone other than me has ridden Big Thunder Mountain at least once - I’ll try to catch it tomorrow if there’s time and if it is open!

We managed to go almost the full two weeks in Florida without rain significantly impacting our plans. It rained moderately only a couple of times and it was at times when we weren’t outside. So we were due for one disruptive rain storm - our luck just happened to run out on the last full day! But it’s part of the experience. Hopefully our Arizona bred kids will remember what real rain looks like. (Poor DD2 has lived most of her life in a drought - almost no monsoons last summer - so she has seen very little rain).

Tomorrow we will rope drop Magic Kingdom, check out, and head to MCO in the afternoon for an early evening departure. It’s not quite over yet!

Good night!

20 Likes

It’s probably too late to ask this question but does anyone have any recent intel on which rides are open at rope drop? Specifically we’re focusing on Tomorrowland tomorrow. Thanks!

1 Like