May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

DD2 ate the most of any kid and hers was free. :joy: It seriously hurts to think about the economics of my children.

24 Likes

I think dd was around 9yo? We were there in late August and the heat was pretty significant. Early in the trip we saw Chip and Dale walk by in the heat of the day, dd turned to me and said that the people in the costumes must be really hot and she felt bad for them. A tiny pieced of my heart cried.

Later in the trip after previously seeing Minnie (one of her favorite characters) at Chef Mickey’s, Minnie walked by us in one of the parks and waved at dd. “MOM, she totally remembered me from dinner the other night!” :heartbeat:

You will remember this conversation with your now 4yo for many, many years to come!

3 Likes

Look at those pictures of sheer joy on your children! I don’t think we can put a price tag on that. And those moments will never return.

Whenever I felt the extravagance of splurging on the kids and going over budget, I tell DH jokingly we would be eating cheap but nutritiously for the next “x” weeks. i.e. no filet mignon.

I look back at those precious pictures of now DD23 and DS21 and fondly remember those sheer moments of joy and contentment. Sometimes I wish we could return to those simpler days.

9 Likes

Both my boys loved it on our last trip. They were 4 and 6 at the time.

4 Likes

Are the camels spitting? That is the part that our kids love. Well, they love watching myself and @alpha_foxtrot suffer through random water sprays.

12 Likes

I could get used to this!

I don’t think they did. Probably a Covid thing.

17 Likes

I like your room view.
I hate your vernacular.

4 Likes

Sorry I have had Star Wars on my brain for 30 years. Hard to shake. :slight_smile:

(I edited it out.)

4 Likes

How about a better line? Like, “Chewie, we’re home.”

4 Likes

I changed it to something more generic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah and now I look like a crazy person.

:crazy_face:

Seriously awesome room view. What a way to spend the last bits of your trip!

7 Likes

Beautiful lighting on the way back to the hotel.

22 Likes

My DS, at the time, 5, said something pretty similar. The best I came up with was, well, it’s fun to pretend. :weary:

3 Likes

Wifi is struggling so here are some more random shots that got left off the last post.

19 Likes

Yet more that I think didn’t post:

12 Likes

Funny story:

I took the little girls back to the room so I could order the luggage from bell services and get the kids (and myself) dry and warm. I gave them a bath and I specifically told them (mostly DD4) that if they had to go potty, to tell me so they could go on the toilet.

Bell services arrives and I open the door for them, then as the guy is unloading our bags, I go back to the bath to check on the girls and DD4 says, “I have something” and she hands me what I think is a pebble.

It’s poop. :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The joys of parenthood.

27 Likes

I certainly don’t miss that part of the kids being a bit younger :rofl:

First bath I ever gave to my daughter after being born… yea, she took a dump in it.

8 Likes

Night time views are gorgeous as well. Oh how I wish we had a firework show tonight!

30 Likes

I didn’t get a DME letter … they still give you those the day before right? Is there an issue when you check in the day before you check out? How can I find out my departure time?

They should have it at the front desk.

2 Likes