May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I wasn’t going to bring this up… it became a favorite torture trick my DH and DS liked to do to me. Even after DS became a teenager :triumph::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

That’s great news! My biggest concern was how much time in the day it can eat up…and was it fun enough. Glad they enjoyed it!!

2 Likes

I would personally avoid letting my kids know it exists unless you are on a relaxed schedule. If you only have one or even two MK days it’s the first thing I’d skip (selfishly).

6 Likes

The only thing DD4 wants to eat is the French bread that comes free. $37 well spent? :joy: At least she loves it! She is a happy camper finally.

18 Likes

@Jeff_AZ DS14 said he saw you today in Adventureland. We must have had to miss each other a million times because we did all the same rides today!

6 Likes

Cool! That’s so fun he recognized me! :joy:

DD4 seriously had a rough afternoon of being cold but seeing the Beast made her so happy. :heart::heart::heart:

19 Likes

We left around 3:30 because DS4 was not having it with the rain. He fell asleep on the bus and just woke up at 6:15 so he was definitely exhausted!

5 Likes

Also: she told me “Dad, I think the characters are just people dressed up.”

I confirmed her suspicion (remember she is 4). I told her employees of the park dress up and say hi to people. She said when she grows up, she wants to work here and dress up like Elsa. Or Belle. Or all the princesses. :heart::purple_heart::sparkling_heart:

20 Likes

What? They are not real? I cannot accpet that. Make sure to put spoiler tags around that the next time. :rofl:

10 Likes

If I was smart we would have done the same thing. I came very close to bumping and dumping our BoG, partially cause it was an extravagance to begin with. But overall it’s turned out well and the kids had a great time despite being soaked and cold.

6 Likes

Same only now I fear the window has passed and we never got back there since 2014. It’s in our agenda for this trip but it won’t be the same.

Moral: they really are only small for just so long.

6 Likes

Kids loved these desserts. Time stood still. I’m starting to think this was worthwhile after all.

21 Likes

DD2 ate the most of any kid and hers was free. :joy: It seriously hurts to think about the economics of my children.

24 Likes

I think dd was around 9yo? We were there in late August and the heat was pretty significant. Early in the trip we saw Chip and Dale walk by in the heat of the day, dd turned to me and said that the people in the costumes must be really hot and she felt bad for them. A tiny pieced of my heart cried.

Later in the trip after previously seeing Minnie (one of her favorite characters) at Chef Mickey’s, Minnie walked by us in one of the parks and waved at dd. “MOM, she totally remembered me from dinner the other night!” :heartbeat:

You will remember this conversation with your now 4yo for many, many years to come!

3 Likes

Look at those pictures of sheer joy on your children! I don’t think we can put a price tag on that. And those moments will never return.

Whenever I felt the extravagance of splurging on the kids and going over budget, I tell DH jokingly we would be eating cheap but nutritiously for the next “x” weeks. i.e. no filet mignon.

I look back at those precious pictures of now DD23 and DS21 and fondly remember those sheer moments of joy and contentment. Sometimes I wish we could return to those simpler days.

9 Likes

Both my boys loved it on our last trip. They were 4 and 6 at the time.

4 Likes

Are the camels spitting? That is the part that our kids love. Well, they love watching myself and @alpha_foxtrot suffer through random water sprays.

12 Likes

I could get used to this!

I don’t think they did. Probably a Covid thing.

17 Likes

I like your room view.
I hate your vernacular.

4 Likes

Sorry I have had Star Wars on my brain for 30 years. Hard to shake. :slight_smile:

(I edited it out.)

4 Likes