May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room!

4 Likes

Dole whips … and raspberry floats.

14 Likes

Yummy!

16 Likes

The perfect treat to help survive the heat! Good call Dad!

4 Likes

Tom Sawyer Island. Of course while we were captive here, BTMRR opened. But now it’s raining so not sure how long it will be available.

19 Likes

It started raining while we were in line for the TSI ferry. It was a downpour and they told us they needed to get as many people off the island as possible before lightning was detected or we’d be stranded. We did not have our ponchos with us.

21 Likes

Summertime WDW visits require bucketfuls of $.98 Walmart ponchos. Every person carries one in their bag every day.:umbrella:

4 Likes

Clarification. We all had our ponchos. In the stroller. On the mainland side of the TSI ferry.

14 Likes

relieved to know you had them :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

DD4 is not so happy with the situation. Hopefully nothing a ride on IaSW can’t fix.

21 Likes

Dinner at Be Our Guest could not be at a worse time considering we are all wet and it’s going to be cold in there. :grimacing: Lemonade anyone? :joy:

11 Likes

Everyone gets a new WDW sweatshirt? :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

That is exactly how we all ended up with ours!

4 Likes

Do all 4 kids have fun on the island? I never know whether to recommend sending my family out there because I do not have kids and am not a super amazing aunt (uncle) like your DBIL/DSIL and don’t go with them to kid wrangle (and have not been out there myself) :grin:

4 Likes

My kids always loved the Island when they were little. So, did my DH, come to think of it :wink:

3 Likes

Back in pre-EPCOT time (I am old) my siblings and I may have trapped my mom in the middle of the barrel bridge and wouldn’t stop jumping on it. Some screaming for help may also have ensued. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I just asked and they all loved it and thought it was worth it. I guess that answers that!

6 Likes

I wasn’t going to bring this up… it became a favorite torture trick my DH and DS liked to do to me. Even after DS became a teenager :triumph::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

That’s great news! My biggest concern was how much time in the day it can eat up…and was it fun enough. Glad they enjoyed it!!

2 Likes

I would personally avoid letting my kids know it exists unless you are on a relaxed schedule. If you only have one or even two MK days it’s the first thing I’d skip (selfishly).

6 Likes