May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

They say that, but don’t be surprised if it shows up by the end of next week. :slight_smile: …well, DO be surprised…pleasantly, of course.

4 Likes

I was looking at the pics thinking … I thought he was going green … Glad to know I wasn’t just making things up in my mind! :joy: Blue is good, though!

4 Likes

We did this too (shipped home light sabers) with DS’s on previous trips. They’ll do it right from Dok Ondars and it doesn’t take the full three weeks they say from what I remember as we did it last Oct and Jan 2020.

One of DS’s is purple because it’s all of our fave colors in my house but also since it’s a mix of dark and light side more.

4 Likes

Fireworks at Epcot. At midnight. Lasted for quite some time - at least 15 minutes. I was too tired to get out of my bed to see (not sure if I would have been able to see them - our room has a lateral view of Spaceship Earth, but the sky over World Showcase I believe is visible off to the right). They were loud and kept me awake.

I didn’t dream this, right?!

10 Likes

Nope. Not a dream.

4 Likes

Just saw this thread.

Disney knows that there are hotels next door, right?

7 Likes

I must have been so tired. I didn’t hear them at Boardwalk but Beach club is closer. We had a room right next to the back corner stairwell when we stayed there. It was 2 min walk to IG. So that’s a bit closer.

7 Likes

They typically share info about testing in the late night hours that might be audible to guests at adjacent hotels. Not sure why they didn’t this time

4 Likes

I asked my family and I was the only one who was woken up by the sounds. I am a light sleeper. :wink:

5 Likes

(I feel like I go off on bunny trails all the time, and I apologize for getting off-topic, but…)

My DS, born in 1992, is named Woodrow. It was a whole thing. My sister cried for three days. Not exaggerating – three days . We swore that he would be called by the whole name, not “Woody,” never “Woody”. Sometimes a family member could get away with “Wood.” But not “Woody.”

So Woodrow was 3 when Toy Story was released, and it was, of course, a huuuuuge hit. (The pain that Christmas trying to find Toy Story toys? Real, y’all. Real!) We still managed to hold firm on the whole “never Woody” thing. He went off to school still “Woodrow.” After a couple of years, we started homeschooling. So much easier to avoid nicknames when your kid’s not in school.

He worked for a few years after graduating, and he went community college part-time, now he’s on scholarship at Tennessee Tech. Lives in a dorm, has a social life, all that stuff. A little later than most people, but he’s doing well.

And guess what his friends, teachers, co-workers all call him? Yep – “Woody.”

He is unoffended by it and says that its connection to Toy Story makes it actually kinda cool.

I haven’t asked my sister how she feels about it. :grinning:

7 Likes

Your story reminds me of my son, Josiah. People (ahem, family) wanted us to call him “Joe.” We said, no. His name is Josiah. And, for similar reasons (homeschooling, etc), that was fine. But as an adult, he finds that everyone ends up “seeing” his name as Joshua. So now, for example, when he goes go Starbucks and they ask what name…just tells them…Joe. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Day 13! (Or 31? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:)

Checked our bags with Bell Services to transfer to BLT. No we’re waiting for the MK bus and will hopefully make it on the next one. Goodbye, Beach Club! It’s been grand.

22 Likes

When we found out my youngest was a boy, we named him James Carlyle, after two of his great grandfathers who were in WWII. One was a refugee from Denmark who joined the Merchant Marines, and the other was a member of the Bloody Hundredth, and was shot down over France but survived.
My mother in law kept calling him JC. We were adamant about it not happening. We finally won, but now he calls himself “JameJames” and I have no idea what that will morph into… JJ?

4 Likes

Up first today is my favorite ride! (If I’ve said another ride is my favorite this trip, I was lying. :wink:)

24 Likes

Sad face. Having the railroad down isn’t the biggest bummer as far as rides go. But it created such a unique ambiance in the park, including corners like this one.

13 Likes

My favorite quote:

21 Likes

Agreed. I can’t wait until it’s back. Oddly fond memory is me stepping off the train at this stop and just being totally lost on where I was (even the cloud cover was the same).

Ahhh the days of a newbie.

6 Likes

BULLCRAP! Bay Lake Tower is perfectly far away!

5 Likes

Yes and we liked to use it as a sort of break time, taking it from one area of the park to another while getting off our feet.

8 Likes

45 minute posted wait was 12 minutes actual.

Best ride is best.

26 Likes