May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Ooh, what’s the pink slushy? I’m a sucker for pretty drinks.

4 Likes

So while on the bus, I suddenly noticed that we weren’t around any familiar sights in the Epcot / HS area. So I checked the map and we were just turning north toward the TTC. :flushed:

If I was going by proximity, this wasn’t the best option for a bus transfer. But I could have done worse choosing a resort to visit. :joy:

Remember kids - always read the sign twice before boarding a bus! :joy::joy::joy:

19 Likes

well you can’t walk to HS from there :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

A bus to HS came within just a few minutes. Phew!

Raspberry lemonade (carbonated) from the Land cart.

12 Likes

Not just that! Isn’t it genetically engineered cheese? (We weren’t sure what to make of that!?!)

9 Likes

Our dinner was lovely. Bread was so sweet and buttery. My filet and lobster tail was the best entree of the trip.

The Mac and cheese was great, but Homecomin’ beats it easily. Sweet potato was good thanks to cinnamon butter (can’t really go wrong there). Coconut shrimp was perfect.

The dessert - macadamia turtle pie - was reminiscent of Hula pie which we first had on our honeymoon in Hawaii (at Duke’s). The restaurant was very pleasant, though I might have asked for a table outside next time to have more privacy on our date. We were seated close to some families. We don’t mind, but, you know. :slight_smile:

Kids had a great dinner with the DILs too …

(Supposedly they had a frozen pizza too. I hope. :joy:)

28 Likes

That ice cream pie is ginormous!

8 Likes

Told you I love DD2 best! Give her everything she wants!

4 Likes

Your dinner looks great! We ate at the Boathouse last summer, it was one of our favorite meals of the trip. Your kiddos look super happy with their dinner as well.

5 Likes

Seriously! They brought it out and I was like “there’s no way we’ll make a dent in this!” Then we realized they didn’t bring us any spoons and we just sat there stupidly while people stared at us until we finally saw a server and flagged them down. :joy:

15 Likes

Viking it! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
pFonPqjcxtSEg

8 Likes

….eh. :thinking:

I’m more jealous he got rolls where as I did not on my last venture there. I feel cheated.

I’d make the same face as @Jeff_AZ’s daughter, but. I don’t think I’d get as much mileage outta it. :crazy_face:

9 Likes

That donut pic is amazing!

2 Likes

Just means it’s not in it’s natural state. It’s been genetically modified.

3 Likes

:test_tube::test_tube::test_tube:

2 Likes

Dude…you’re such a neat and proper guy I can’t even take it. :wink::joy:

I also have to say that you are such a patient and selfless dad. I’m sure it’s exhausting taking care of your kid’s needs in the midst of your busy schedule. And I thought taking only 2 kids to WDW before 8 years old was too much to handle! :man_shrugging: Well done and lots of great memories for you all!

11 Likes

Turning out to be a great night so far. Just waiting for my Savi’s reservation.

23 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words! Being a dad is hard work but so rewarding in small moments!

8 Likes

What a great date dinner :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Can’t remember if I’ve posted these random pics yet. I got some Photopass shots from Pandora yesterday with my girls while the big kids were riding FoP. Also our Day 12 shot. I don’t think we’ve missed one, but a couple of the days it was not in an elevator.

19 Likes