May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I was wondering about that! The time change from the west is brutal - especially that first day! So happy to follow along on your trip! Love the group Triceratops Spin shot!

8 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

@amvanhoose_701479 yes I had you in mind!

In line for Everest now. We asked the CM with the sign post the procedure for RS. He directed us to have one member of our party get in line while those scanning MBs for RS went to a brown umbrella across from the main ride entrance. Then we went back and joined our party in line and those not riding left the line.

20 Likes

I took such a big deep breath and have a big smile on my face when I saw that picture of you and your son on the DME bus. For me, the DME bus is the beginning of the trip. YOU’RE HOME!!! Have a wonderful trip!

6 Likes

This is just the trip I needed to follow to cure my post-vacation blues. Your family’s happiness is contagious.

6 Likes

DS9 was brave and wanted to ride EE. He was NOT a fan. :joy: I was so proud of him for trying. But it really is an intense coaster for such a little guy.

19 Likes

I love all the smiles!

4 Likes

Growing up, DS steered clear of any roller coasters, and even kiddie trains. Think kiddie train at Legoland. Suddenly, when he turned 8, it became all about thrill rides, the bigger the better. Think Magic Mountain and at Disney, SM, BTRR, and EE. Here’s to your son’s day suddenly coming!

5 Likes

Yes, the 3 hour time difference to the East Coast is brutal! But you all did really well!:clap::clap:

Now, I have to work!

6 Likes

This was our overall experience as well. Some people would but by and large people seem to mostly be over caring about distancing in line.

5 Likes

It is pretty intense! DD6 was trying to hype herself up for it yesterday but I really tried to be honest with her about it’s intensity and she decided she wasn’t ready.

Y’all are having a great morning already!! So happy that y’all are there!!!

3 Likes

Our twins were 10 when we went last Jan. On Day 1, one actually had some tears in his eyes at the start of Splash, he was so anxious about the drop. They worked their way up through everything, including RnRC, by the end of the week. Fears conquered! It’s really the borderline age to “do everything” at WDW for many kids.

I’m going to be super curious to see how UOR goes for y’all. We plan to work our way up in intensity and let people opt out when it stops being fun for them.

5 Likes

Our first visit to WDW was in 2012. DD18 was DD9 at the time. She rode EE once and hated it too! But DD21 was DD11 (almost 12) and rode it 7 times. She loved it! DD18 loves it now too, but wouldn’t try the intense coasters at UOR.

6 Likes

My experience yesterday at Epcot most people were distancing. Today at AK I’d say about only 1/3 of people are.

5 Likes

On that same trip in 2012, we tried Splash for the first time. DD21 (then DD11) was so anxious and worried about the drop. Then the ride stopped just as our log was cresting the hill to the big drop. We just sat there for a few minutes. She started crying hysterically which triggered her little sister to start crying. It was very traumatic for everyone in the log! If we had just gone up and over without stopping, I don’t think it would have bothered her so much.

7 Likes

My quick add. DSthen8 did not like EE…at all! I think the backwards made him sick and the yeti freaked him out.

Same trip, he went on Splash Mountain and loved every second. To where I was on a bench for hours on end as he went Single Rider. I hope your DS keeps trying new things!

4 Likes

Everest is my top 3 favorite ride at WDW and favorite at AK. The kids rode Kali twice using rider swap.

We are all wet and some are soaked! Definitely wetter than it was reported last summer when they had all the water features off.

Ate lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. Pretty good! Very nice location and cool in the shade.

12 Likes

33 Likes

Fantastic photo. I love Flame Tree. One of my most favorite.

5 Likes

Try it again in a decade.
It used to be my favorite. At 47 I thought it was pulling me apart.

5 Likes