May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

SpitefulDeadlyArgusfish-size_restricted%20(1)

:joy::joy:

7 Likes

I’ve never actually ridden KRR, but you two look like you’re having a blast! I think the kids want to go the next time we are there.

10 Likes

You’ll have to take them because KRR is a hard pass for me. I’m like a magnet to waterfalls. :sweat_drops:
@Jeff_AZ love the Lion King t-shirt!

5 Likes

Please talk to my DH! He likes dinner between 6 and 7. That’s very hard to work with when making ADRs.

3 Likes

Compared to Bluto’s at UOR, KRR is a light spritzing! :joy:

Thanks! It was my one (non-Star Wars) animal-themed shirt. Lol

5 Likes

Tonight we spent a couple of hours at Stormalong Bay. I’m convinced evening is the best time to go - lower crowds and no sun.

Last night I bought these coconut patties. I think it was @sanstitre_has_left_the_building who gave me the idea to try them? (Sorry if tagging you is not welcome - I’m not trying to flaunt my vacation to those who are unable to come here.) Anyway they were delectable! Lots of coconut and not much chocolate, in case that is relevant to anyone. They were only $3 for two (dirt cheap by Disney standards.

23 Likes

DON’T anyone get them! They are terrible… they become a terrible addition :wink: Dont’ start anything you can’t finish :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Sort of like a really big Mounds?

1 Like

Yes, but milk chocolate (so like an almond joy with no almond?), although to be honest I prefer the chocolate to coconut ratio in a mounds / almond joy.

6 Likes

This. I haven’t heard a lot of complaints about the food. Food was decent. But wow, is it noisy. Too noisy when we were there to actually converse with anyone but the person directly beside you. So, I would be hard pressed to return because of the noise alone!

3 Likes

I never recommend coconut.

I have two cruises booked, one of which has unlimited free champagne. And, yes, I am flaunting.

WDW is so 2019.

15 Likes

I wonder how much of the line slow down for ADRs (really more like call ahead seating than an actual reservation) happens because of their “Flash your Landry’s card, jump the line” policy. I’m really surprised Disney allows it - at least seemingly without limit. I’ve only eaten at RC in outside Disney locations, but something in their prep doesn’t really agree with me - T-Rex was similar but not as bad - but that whole “more special because I have a card” policy really turns me off of wanting to go to any of their restaurants.

2 Likes

Crowdsourcing question: what’s the best way to get from DS to HS? Should we take a bus to CBR and skyliner to HS, or is the bus stop not close to the Skyliner station?

If it’s too complicated we might Uber - DW and I will be on a date tonight at Boathouse and then need to head to my Savi’s reservation.

2 Likes

You can also bus to Boardwalk and walk there. (Or take the boat from BW.)

2 Likes

I agree bus to BW then walk

2 Likes

You can also walk to SSR and grab the bus from Congress Park.

I find the DS buses extremely frustrating- always.

2 Likes

I think it was @ninjasherrie that recommended the coconut patties?

2 Likes

Love that pic of you with dessert :joy:

4 Likes

Does this answer your question?!?! :grinning::rofl:

14 Likes

Ok next question: For our Epcot rope drop today, which ride should we go to first out of FEA and TT? I’m thinking FEA just because TT seems to not always open at rope drop?

3 Likes