May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Do you know there is indoor seating for la cantina SM? Yep with AC and everything

1 Like

Yes, SAI is still my preferred spot. We don’t go for the food.

2 Likes

Saludos!

22 Likes

See, right there you just changed my mind back to not going. It’s all about the food for us. We’ve already defined our upcoming Sept trip a Foodie Trip Where Diane Can Eat ALL The Things. Everyone is on a mission to make sure I can (and want to) eat something delicious everywhere we go. The main focus is TS dessert because as it turns out, most restaurants are lazy with coming up with a GF/DF dessert that is not sorbet.

9 Likes

I’m a foodie surrounded by picky people, so when I go solo in Septemberr I’m going to ALLLL the restaurants I can’t normally go to. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’ll probably pass on most of the F&W booths bc I can easily do those when I’m with the fam, but restaurants are so difficult. This place is on my list of potential spots.

10 Likes

Just rode Test Track once and it was much faster than I remember! Not as imaginative as Radiator Springs Racers, but more thrilling.

Then DBIL, DD7, and I were using our RS pass and it broke down just as we were starting to go up the first hill. :man_facepalming: We were evacuated and got a fastpass to any attraction at Epcot today except Frozen. (Double facepalm.) I’m doubting we will get any use out of that fast pass.

15 Likes

By the way, the design screens are still turned off. Too bad. I thought the pic of all the blank screens was appropriately dystopian.

6 Likes

We were gonna ride TT after dinner and it’s closed so okay let’s ride another headliner so another day we RD we can do TT instead so Frozen is closest also closed. Sigh

Did they say it was closed for the day or it’s temp closed?

3 Likes

Not convinced the design screens really make a difference on your ride experience. :thinking:

2 Likes

I think TT is reopening. I’m hearing some announcements over there. We just finished Mission Space. And churros.

9 Likes

Let me check. We jumped in line for FEA

2 Likes

The girls loved showing me the dinosaurs (plastic toys) that are hidden in these ferns. So cute.

19 Likes

I would do FEA. TT is still not showing open in the app.

3 Likes

Yup I checked. If it’s open when we get off maybe but we RD AK tomorrow and that means leaving the room at 6:15a

2 Likes

Still closed so bedtime…

2 Likes

DW and I parted ways with the DILs and the kids (who all went back to our room) while we circled World Showcase and watched American Adventure. Great show, btw.

20 Likes

Today was a great day. We once again accomplished everything we were hoping to, plus a little bit more. The only thing that really went wrong was DBIL didn’t get to ride TT due to it breaking down while we were on it, but we’ll be back Thursday to right that wrong.

We have now experienced everything we wanted to this trip in 3/4 parks (MK is a beast and we’ve only had one day there), and did so in bite size chunks over multiple days per park. I don’t think we could have done it any other way with the number and ages of kids we have. In a couple years it should be simpler once DD2 is able to ride everything DD4 can.

We are exhausted after two rope drop days at HS so tomorrow we are going to “sleep in” and only try to leave the room at 8:30am, which is what I call a normal work day. :joy: The goal is to repeat FoP and hopefully make it on the train to Rafiki’s. After all my trips to WDW, that’s the one major thing I’ve never done.

Good night, Liners!

17 Likes

Excellent.

Make sure to take in a drawing lesson or two while out at Rafikis. They kids should enjoy creating their own version of the characters. Well I know this big kid enjoys it and loves keeping a copy of the kids work and seeing how their drawing techniques change as the grow up.

3 Likes

Aw man, I finally caught up! I can’t believe you’ve been there for 10 days already—but it looks like you’re crushing it on all fronts! (Kinda making me wonder if we should’ve planned two HS rope drop days when we’re there in 9 days… but I guess that’ll have to wait for the next trip.)

2 Likes

I actually love your strategy with the kids. I’m taking notes as I hope to convince my niece and her family to go with me at some point in 2022/2023.

4 Likes