May the 4th

As always I’m looking forward to our May the 4th celebration. I know I’m not the only geek here so please share fun activities or memes relating to Star Wars!

We will be having Princess Leia cinnamon buns and Gamorrean meat (bacon) with Jabba juice for breakfast. Han burgers for lunch and Chewie chocolate chip cookies. A Rey scavenger hunt and some Star Wars crafts. We will all dress up and do a photo shoot. I need to make a Rebel Legion video anyhow for Rebelthon. And of course the movies playing all day long!

May the Fourth be with you!

21 Likes

We made “Anakin’s Sand Dunes” for dessert tonight to celebrate! :wink::joy:

12 Likes

Well those don’t look course, rough, or irritating :joy:

Sugar cookies with cinnamon or something else?

3 Likes

It’s snicker doodles! (One of my faves, btw.)

6 Likes

I’m an old fogey. I find the fact that May the 4th is a pun is hardly a reason to “celebrate” Star Wars. I find May 25th a far more compelling date if I were to want to call something Star Wars day. May 4th has absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars, other than a subset of the fan base arbitrarily deciding to because the date “rhymes” with May the Force.

As such, we will have no Star Wars anything going today (it is May 4th now).

But, I fear my feelings on the matter are rather moot. Having a pun for a date is enough, apparently, to convince the world otherwise. :confused:

2 Likes

You all are so creative! I get a ridiculous kick out of saying may the 4th be with you ALL day long​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I have a friend who is squarely in your camp. He calls May 25th “Orthodox Star Wars Day.”

6 Likes

Made cookies for the kids as a surprise today.

19 Likes

This is what I love about it.
It’s not official. You do what you want to do because it’s fun and not because the merchandisers tell us to.

3 Likes

Wookie cookies!!! :rofl::rofl::yum::yum:

2 Likes

Happy Star Wars day!!! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I’m just about to press play on Return of the Jedi while I lunch…

I’m expect I’ll be playing some soundtrack during dinner later :notes::notes:

5 Likes

All the staff at my DW’s school district is wearing Star Wars clothing today in honor of a former teacher who was a big Star Wars fan. :heart:

May the 4th be with you too!

8 Likes

Those are freaking adorable!

2 Likes

anna
881208887660ed4cd840e70687a9446d

67c56cf871bbba76a6a1a1a9f9081f9d

11 Likes

Ok well this one is for you then.
images

9 Likes

I just finished watching the first episode of the Bad Batch on Disney+ with my DH and DS8. We all agreed it was excellent. Lots of tie ins- obviously to clone wars, but to all the prequels as well as Rebels animated series. But, great in its own right! It felt like home😊. Highly recommend it!

3 Likes

DH is excited to watch after work.

2 Likes

This is amazing! What’s the sash made out of? Might need to do this today

1 Like

There are several different sashes (I ran out of some ingredients). Some are Hershey bar pieces (2 in a line), with icing and silver sprinkles on them. Some are alternating Nestle Crunch bar pieces with Hershey’s cookies & cream pieces. Some are just icing with chocolate chips and sprinkles alternating.

2 Likes

Just realized there are no sprinkle ones in that picture…

10 Likes