May 2022

Taking the family to Universal some time the first week of May. We are booking a nine night Disney/Universal Vacation. We always stay at Bonnet Creek, but we book a room at one of the premiere hotels for the two days we tour the parks. A few questions:

1. Should I book the room now. Probably booking Royal Pacific. I am unsure which day we want to go to Universal. It will just depend on the crowd calendars, after hours parties (possibly), etc. for both Dis and Uni. We just want one night since that will get us two days of ExPass. I can book the entire week (the deposit is the same) and then modify closer to our dates. Do the premiere hotels usually fill up the first week of May? Which day of the week should go to Universal?
  2. Tickets…Undercover Tourist has a special on a three day ticket right now. should I go ahead and buy that? Do good ticket deals sometimes come out? If I buy the ticket now but decide to go one day before my ticket date, is it a lot of trouble to change the date? Thanks!
  1. I always suggest booking as soon as possible to lock in any rates, if prices go up you have a lower rate and if they go down you can rebook under their lenient cancelation policy. I’m not sure if you keep the same rate if you change the dates, so keep that in mind.
  2. Deals like this pop up time to time, usually in the spring and fall. Make sure the tickets are valid for your trip, some of the recent ticket deals require visiting before the end of the year.

Thank you. Today was the first day I have been able to put dates in for May so the tickets should be valid.

I think I’m going to go ahead and book the hotel for the week and then modify it once I decide the exact nights we want to stay there.

Thanks again.