May 2016 - Who Will Be There?

Hi Everyone!! I joined a September 2015 thread of Liners and we had a ball together planning and sharing TP’s and planning Liner Meets. Wanted to see if I could do something similar for May :smiley:

Who is travelling to WDW in May 2016?

We are there May 4-11 staying at POP Century. So Excited!!

Our family trip is planned for May 9th - 14th. We are staying at the All Star Music Resort.
We had a trip planned for this past July & had to cancel for health reasons, so this time around I have not told my “kids” (21 & 16 at time of travel). I’m very excited but it’s hard to keep the secret for sure.
I’ve made all of our ADRs last week. Just waiting on the menu and opening info for Skipper Canteen and that part will be done :grinning:

May 2 to 12. Love Flower and Garden. Hope it as good as April.

That’s so exciting! So glad you’re all healthy and ready to go in May! I’m looking forward to the Skipper Canteen too! I made a few ADR’s last week and am holding out until Morimoto Asia releases reservation dates for the week we’re there too!

I’ve never been to Flower and Garden before, looking forward to it for sure! I went to Food and Wine for the first time this past September, and although busy, I loved it!

We are planning a trip now. Official days not locked in. But most likely will be there first two weeks in May. We have always done the late Jan time frame so a bit nervous going this time of year. I told the wife this morning we need to hurry up and book so we can make ADR!

Hoping to register for a conference May 23-25 at the Contemporary. If so, will be bringing DM and DD2 and we will have two park days. It’s budget time right now, so keeping my fingers crossed!

We’re going 4/30-5/6. Already got all needed ADRs booked, just waiting on info for Jungle Skipper’s to be released. We’re trying the quick service dining plan this time in order to have a less “planned” feel to the trip, but we made a few dining reservations for the “must dos”.

Oh, and I’m crossing my fingers that Soarin’ gets done by then (yeah, right) and that Rivers of Light is ready. We have a bad track record in that regard - last time we went in May of '14 7DMT opened (or was it soft opening?) the week after we left.

I have been making ADR’s this past week, and am definitely past the 180 day mark and I was still able to find some good ones. Pre Rope Drop BOG and afternoon tea at the GF. I’m waiting for Morimoto Asia to open up reservations dates for May.

I’m looking forward to Jungle Skipper’s too. Hopefully we’ll be able to check it out once May arrives. I’m also curious about the new Frozen ride at EPCOT. I am about as tired as Frozen as the next person, but it’s slated to open May 1st…wondering if it will be open regularly while we’re there…although I’m sure the standby line will be HOURS long!!

fingers crossed!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I was able to make my ADRs for Morimoto at my 180 day mark (arriving 4/30). We’ve got lunch reservations for May 3rd. I just checked and saw that they’re available for dinner on May 3rd also. Are you referring to a later date?

good to know! when I was on Open Table the other day they only had dates up to Feb14. I was looking for maybe Sunday May 8. Did you make an ADR through MDE or on Open Table website?

Open Table didn’t even occur to me! This was all through MDE (website, not app).

Thanks! I’m going to absolutely look into this!

Well my husband needs heart surgery & will most likely have it done in January. They say you should have something to look forward to in order to help with recovery - I’d say WDW fits the bill!
Now this trip will REALLY be a surprise. No way would the kids think I have this planned with all that is going on.

Since they cancelled Star Wars Weekend it kind of changed our plans. We only have 4 park days and my mom & I LOVE MK so we want to do that twice but now hubby & the kids will go to AK instead of DHS twice for SWW. I really hope the River of Lights is open then - it sounds amazing!

Good Morning May Liners!!
Hope everyone had a happy and healthy Holiday Season!
This morning on the WDW website they have posted a new Spring Resort Special Offer. I applied it to my reservation and saved $217 off my original trip cost. Just thought I’d give a heads up.
Have a Happy New Year!!

Just finding the May 2016 thread! We will be there May 8-14, so excited!

1 Like

Welcome to the May Liners! Looks like our dates overlap (I’m may 4-11)

There’s also a May 2016 Liners Facebook page that has been started. Come on over and join us there too!