MaxPass

If you arrive right at the beginning of the day (either rope drop or walk briskly right after park opening), I could see that being reasonable. It takes 30-40 minutes before the line really fills out. It isn’t until about 9am for an 8am opening that the line gets to its max for the day.

1 Like

@shermND

If we want to ride GGC (using your acronym! LOL), we try to hit Toon Town right at 9:00 AM when it opens. We can usually ride it twice with zero wait.

I used to create a touring plan for our trips and found them very useful. Or even used the standard two day touring plan. But it’s true that once you get a feel for the park you can do everything you want fairly easily. And you will be surprised how many rides you can knock out before 10:00 AM. We did 8 in an hour more than once. Have fun!

2 Likes

We LOVE ToonTown opening! We usually hit Mickey’s or Minnie’s house first, the other one second, & then to GGC (perfect acronym! hehe) and still get at least 2 rides with no (or less than 5 min.) wait. Plus with 1-3 of the characters coming to the gates to open the land, it gives it a little special touch. So we try to do ToonTown opening at least once a trip.

3 Likes

But we’re not all equal; we’ve never been equal. People can pay for private tours and jump right to the front of every line. EVERY line.

Yes, I know this is true. However, my experience has been that the number of private tours is quite small compared to the amount of people in the park. I’ve never felt impacted by them. But on my one and only trip to Universal, there were a lot of parties that did “front of the line” passes and jumped over us.

1 Like

How do FP’s work for Fantasmic! and World of Color and how do they work with MaxPass?

1 Like

They are “disconnected” from the system (virtually nowadays) so that you can hold a fast pass for show without affecting your eligibility for a ride. You can get a fast pass for a show using MaxPass at any time once you enter a park. I can’t recall if you can hold a fast pass for both shows at the same time.

Does that answer your question?

1 Like

I also don’t know if you can hold a fast pass for both shows at the same time, but I do know that everything else Jeff mentions above is spot on and can add on that if there are 2 shows of anything, just like with any other FP at DL, you do have to wait until the first show is done distributing to get the 2nd.

1 Like

@lolabear_la
It’s been a while since we got Fantasmic FP’s and last time we did, didn’t care which show. But we are hoping to go this time and really want the later showing. Do you know if the fast pass station will tell us which show is being distributed? I never noticed before, but I want to make sure we don’t accidentally get FP for the first showing. Thanks!

It’s been awhile since we’ve grabbed them for ourselves, but if I recall from passing by the kiosks in the morning on our most recent trips, they’ll have signage that states the showtime, both in front of the area where the kiosks are & on top of one or some of the kiosks stating which showtime is being distributed. If there’s no signage, there’s always Cast Members manning the kiosks and in my experience they are always ready to divulge what time is currently being distributed.

If you catch the Cast Members without any (or many) other guests around them & ask them about the later show, they may allow you to switch them earlier show FPs that you pull right there for later ones that they have in their pockets or if they can’t/don’t have later show FPs on hand to switch you, they may give you an expected timeframe to come back based on how quickly things are being distributed & how many are left (they can easily look somewhere inside on the back of the kiosks to determine this or if they have later show tickets on them they can easily switch them out) but they don’t like to broadcast that they can do this to create a big rush of people wanting to also do it. So it’s always best to catch them in between groups of guests if you can.

1 Like