Massive AK crisis

I’ve been rescheduling my AK day, thanks to Wildboargate.

I now find myself with NOTHING TO DO between about 7.20pm and 9.40pm.

It seems like lots of attractions don’t operate in the evenings. So what is there that I can do? I’m not really looking for rides.

I might do ROL, but I won’t have a special ticket for it, so the queuing and waiting might be miserable.

Without even looking to the right, I saw the dramatic headline and thought, “There he goes again!”

Yup, it’s you.

“Nothing to do between 7:20-9:40” in AK is not an issue. Grab a spot in Harambe market (Dawa, preferred, but I seem to think you don’t drink much - but you could always just get a coke) and watch the performers in the square for a while. Check out the Tree of Life Awakenings once it’s dark enough. Do a little browsing in the shops. Ride EE at night (it’s an entirely different experience). Enjoy ROL. Watch ROL from alternate viewpoint at Flame Tree.

Must I go on?

9 Likes

I use a FP for RoL - so I don’t know how bad the lines are to get into reg seating, but you could try for a same-day FP. I really like that show.
When I go I am going to wander in Pandora at night a little, and get the magic shot with the woodsprite.
That is when I would do some shopping ( you must need another pen) and have some ice-cream LOL

1 Like

Starbucks. Cupcake. People watch.

2 Likes

I should have given more detail.

I have dinner at Tiffins which will end at about half past seven. So I don’t want to do anything to do with food. I have an FPP for FOP from 9.30-10.30pm, which I want to use at about 9.45pm, so I can then do a last ride of the day on Na’vi.

I like the idea of night-time EE, though maybe not straight after dinner.

1 Like

You could go stand in the FOP standby line, that should take about 2-3 hours!!:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

To be fair to myself, this is clearly an issue as the Disney website has a whole page devoted to this problem.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/attractions/animal-kingdom/animal-kingdom-night/

LOL

They saw you coming.

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

Would you swap an FPP for EE for an FPP for ROL, and rely on the SR line?

1 Like

Completely and 100%

1 Like

I would look at TP and see what wait time they predict for that day/time for EE

SR is always a sure bet for a short line. Lines at EE in evening get wicked short anyway even standby

2 Likes

I can’t do EE anymore - sigh (had surgery on my neck) and last time I went to AK when I could do it - was before the park was open at night.
That is good to know though - probably going back in 2019 or 2020 with my BFs daughters who will be 13 & 15 so they will want to go on it :wink:

1 Like

You’re sure I should do this? You know what’ll happen if it goes wrong.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It is done.

The TP crowd predictor thing says the SR wait time should be 15 minutes at the time I was going to use my FPP for. Which still fits my schedule.

And during my crisis period, it claims a 2 minute wait time.

2 Likes

This has been my experience as well. The walk to the front of the queue can take longer than the wait itself!

1 Like

Thank you. Please shoulder some of my burden. @profmatt is so hard to deal with… Worse since the whole fame thing.

5 Likes

I’ve got your back.

At least until he comes after us with idle threats. Then, it’s every man for himself. You’re on your own!

Fortunately, I have experience with folks the likes of @profmatt. After all, all five of my kids were once toddlers as well! :wink:

7 Likes