March Break 2020

Yes! The staff at Wyndham can be unrelenting in their efforts to sell you a time share at times.
My In-Laws are owners with Wyndam, and so I’ve had the opportunity to go to a few resorts using their points, including Bonnet Creek. The particular personality of the ‘pitching’ Wyndham employee plays a large role on how far they will go in their pursuit of selling you on their timeshare (or in my In-Laws case, selling them more points to their existing contracts). Some of the Wyndham appointment setters don’t quickly take no for an answer, but they still remain fairly professional and finally let up on your third or fourth no. Others are absolute predators and if they’re not getting their way with you, begin to employ intimidating tactics that include smug, sarcastic comments.
There’s several phases of attack that you can expect with Wyndham:

• The “go get your parking pass” spiel that lifewithjayne mentioned. It’s solely a ruse and subjects you to a pitch; they want to setup a formal appointment to review their timeshares. They’ll set the usual bait to include a free meal and/or gift card/special certificate if you’ll just attend @ 2 hour formal pitch.
  • Early in your stay, they’ll call your room to set up a Survey - “we just want 5 or 10 minutes of your time to get your opinion on __________”. It’s just a cover for another attempt to get you to set up a full-pitch appointment.
  • On a few of my trips, they’ve even come directly to the room under the guise of “seeing if your stay is satisfactory”, then switching subjects to trying to schedule an appointment.

As mentioned, my in-laws are owners, and it’s really sad to see that they STILL go through the same treatment every time they come to one of the Wyndham resorts - they don’t need more points, but it doesn’t stop Wyndham from coming at them visit after visit, year after year.

Having said all that, the Wyndham Bonnet Creek itself is a cool resort, and definitely convenient to Disney. My In-Laws, who are now in their mid 80’s, can’t travel as much anymore, and they’re very generous to us; they don’t want to see their points go to waste (and they also grow weary of fighting off the appointment setters). My wife and I are more than happy to go visit Disney World if my accommodations only cost me some effort by shooing off a few Wyndham flies.

2 Likes

Also, don’t fall for the “You forgot to come get your planning packet.” Another ruse to get you to set an appointment.