March 13-20 2021 ish travlers

No one is at BCV or BC right? Someone posted stormalong bay slide was having work starting Feb

We just decided to go in a day earlier on 3/13 - thank you Southwest Airlines and DVC availability in our category at BWV!! Even if we get there late on Saturday night, we’ll have a whole extra day on Sunday. Excited to have a 1 BR for the first time since 2010 and cook some meals in the villa. I just got a cute Minnie St. Pat’s Day shirt in the mail with DS’s new snow boots to help him shovel all the snow that’s still coming here in NJ. Only problem is that car rental booked through Costco is now significantly more expensive than when I first booked, so any tips are welcome! We love having a car to make the most of our short trips. In the world of COVID, I think we’ll like having our own transportation even more. Counting down!!!

Yay!!! See you at BWV… On the car, check your email, I am getting frequent emails and there is always another code. Just keep looking

1 Like

I am always one to book direct with hotels, cars, cruises, etc., but following Liner tips we used Wisecars for car rental booking in Oct & Nov. And now I’m looking at Autoslash for spring break. $380 for a full size including tax, title and license, except for tolls is the rate I’m getting and will book. That’s not too shabby, in my book! Hope that info is helpful for any still looking to book a car!

1 Like

That’s the rate I have on my suv and midsize, and I’ve had them booked for months

When we were staying for 4 nights, I had my full-size rental down to $196 through Costco. DH is 6’3’ and DS is 6’, so we don’t usually go smaller. (On my own, at 5’6" and shrinking every day, I’ll take any car class, but they do most of the driving.) Adding the extra night increased it to $350, not quite double, but a big increase. DH and I spent an hour or so rationalizing (we are champs at it!) before I pulled the trigger on the change yesterday. Looking at Autoslash and Wiscars now - thanks!

I got a cute and cheap shirt from Kohl’s that has Minnie with St. Pat’s bow. The boys are party poopers.

1 Like

Can you do a one day rental airport to Disney care and switch your current rental to pick up at Disney care?

Been exploring that too - thank you! Is that in the gas station on property?

The car rental is near the MK entrance, but on the exit side. They used to pick you up. There might be gas there too.The gas station I am aware of is the Speedway across from the Broadwalk. Could you use ME your first day and then get your car for the week?

Thank you for all the great ideas! Looks like my Costco rental is still cheaper than any of the other cancellable options I’ve looked at, even some that are more work! Not ready to sit on a bus yet, as much as I’d love to do one last ME before it goes away. There are some non-refundable options I might look at when we get closer and I know we won’t have to cancel!

Ok, well good luck. I keep checking…we are getting close!!
should we plan a meet up here poor on chat?
Also started pulling clothes!!!

So sick of this phone changing my words…poor should be or

I just started pulling clothes this morning, too! Actually tried on swimsuits… scaryyyyyyyyy!

Let me know when the meet will be - would love to meet up. We won’t be in parks every day, though. We plan two park days of the four full days we’ll be there, depending on when/if we get ROTR.

1 Like

Well we are both at BWVs right? So hopefully I see you at the pool!

We are! I will put my Lines button on my beach bag. Hoping for lots of good pool time!

1 Like

Just now seeing this! Recognize ya’ll from chat. We are March 13-20 at BCV. This trip was supposed to be last July for DD8’s birthday but obviously had to reschedule. This is our third trip. My parents are coming with us too. We fly direct on SWA from Indianapolis. Not as many TS planned this trip. Mainly planning to RD and go with the flow. I’ve left most evenings open so we can choose whether to take mid-day break and return to park or just hang at resort/SAB or hit DS. Our schedule is

3/13 - Epcot, VN dinner
3/14 - HS, H&V lunch
3/15 - Epcot
3/16 - MK, B&C dinner
3/17 - AK
3/18 - MK
3/19 - HS, Sci Fi lunch
3/20 - late breakfast at A&C and SAB until departure

1 Like

Great Becky…i know we over lap several days …getting so excited!!!

1 Like

See you around the Boardwalk area! Can’t wait!

2 Likes

BW people: oh nooooooo! https://insidethemagic.net/2021/02/disney-boardwalk-inn-flood-rwb1/

1 Like