Making Plans & Need Experienced WDW Help

While I hate people saying it’s a half day park, I’ve often done Animal Kingdom on my departure day. I make it chill and just enjoy the trails and the critters.

3 Likes

We’ll be using convention tickets so we’ll have either a water park or mini golf option for that could be part of that day cuz right now I don’t know where else I’d put it (maybe in the earlier half of our MK day we can hit a water park or mini-golf early, then head to the hotel to change midday and make MK more of an evening plan? That doesn’t sound terrible. And I like the sound of AK much more for that leaving day. Off to run the numbers on what this adds to the cost :face_with_peeking_eye:.

And if the above doesn’t work, now I have the wheels turning on doing a brunch-type meal at AKL for an AK themed goodbye with mini-golf before or after & I’ve already been scheming a stop at Character Warehouse and some Disney Springs on that day. So there’s definitely no shortage of options.

2 Likes

AK is a great half day park and tends to open early for your least day

1 Like

But every time I’ve gone I’m done by the afternoon or I can sleep in and come at 11am and go to close. Now if you’re gonna spend an hour in each trail and see all the street performers, it can be a two day park! I’ve done this too but it’s super easy to do all rides, a couple of shows and both walk thru trails in the shortest time of any of the parks.

1 Like

Eh, different strokes. I’ll happily spend time in AK and skip Studios. I’d only do 2, maybe 3 (Tower, RNRC, and maybe MMRR) things there and then I’m out.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I way prefer AK to DHS too! But Epcot is the best. I’m currently planning a four park day Epcot only trip. I mean could they just make me an apartment in France please and thanks.

3 Likes

RE: Animal Kingdom as a half day

I could also spend 2 days in it and now that you and @gingerSnaps543222 are both mentioning the lovely things we could do in the morning I really, really wanted to try to make it work.

But DH has nixed it. :disappointed:

1. We already added Hollywood Studios when we weren’t planning to originally do it because we explored the convention tickets option and it wasn’t too much more to add HS this way vs. what we were already planning on doing (1 day UOR, 2 days WDW) with regular straight from WDW tickets. And the reason we looked into adding HS was because we all are sad about DLR’s extended (Until spring) Fantasmic! closure & HS has that! AK doesn’t have a similar case.

2. Overall experience in each park I think most of my kids would choose AK over MK , if not for a little thing called HEA. We had a trip planned to return to WDW in August 2018 (after loving it in April 2016). 2018 ended up cancelled to not be fiscally irresponsible and then every single attempt to plan a return trip from 2019-2022 was thwarted (thanks, Covid!) and we finally made it back in March 2023, but of course HEA was not coming back until after our trip. And so when we were going to be in Orlando again so suddenly because DH decided we just had to do a Silver Anniversary at Sea Cruise, we just had to see it. And I know we’ll want to see it with projections from Main St/hub for our first time, so MK it is! Plus DS6, even though he’s never seen it, was devastated when we missed the last show of the night for Carousel of Progress (he loves the song & had been looking forward to it in MK) so it’ll be nice to make that up to him.

3 Likes

All good reasons! Leaves something that’s a must for next trip!

2 Likes

Yes and that’s another reason we’re not going to try to do ALL THE THINGS. We know we’ll get back another time because we do love it & it’s not like we’re stopping signing over significant portions of our paycheck to the Mouse anytime soon.

1 Like

:rofl: They get all my disposable income! LOL I am doing my best to help 'em out.

1 Like