Magical Express Replacement Pricing Announced - Mears Takes Full Control

I think that part and how it shows the thought process behind this program irks me more than anything.

1 Like

There’s only 2 of us so much cheaper than a car service. Not sure about Uber/Lyft but then you’ve got surge pricing to worry about too.

1 Like

I guess if $200 is round trip, then for a family of 4 it’s not terrible.

1 Like

So Disney is going to drop the cost of our rooms $200, right?

It’s just another way to squeeze more money out of every customer and give them less.

1 Like

Trust me, I do not think it’s GOOD. Disney is in the doghouse with me right now. But I’m locked into a trip there next summer, so I’ll be on the lookout for a better price for airport transportation.

2 Likes

My family have reservations for December so I’ll be in the last people to get the Magical Express experience and if we come back next year, I don’t know that I’ll be the one pushing to stay on property anymore. I doubt it.

1 Like

We are traveling to WDW on Dec. 25 and will use Magical Express to our hotel but I still haven’t figured out what we’re going to use to return to the airport on Jan. 5. I wonder if the Mears schedule will require the super early pick up that I dread.

2 Likes

Since reopening, DME no longer provides that luggage service. Everyone is responsible for fetching their own luggage at the airport, and for checking it in at the airport after WDW.

1 Like

uggg… that sucks. I have hope by December that might change but then again, I’m not 100% Florida will still be habitable by then.

Not very likely at all. I forget the exact details, but I think Disney contracted with a company (Baggage Airline Guest Services?) to handle all those luggage transfers. When WDW shut down, that deal went away (and the company went away?).

2 Likes

Yes the website says 3 hours domestic, 4 hours international just like DME.