Magical Express Recent Experiences

DME empty que on November 5, 2021. Bus was waiting and left shortly after I got on.

2 Likes

This is amazing. What time was this? i’m arriving around 11am.

It was a Friday around 1:30PM. Hope you have as good as luck as I did!!

PS - I had mentally prepared myself to wait if I had to, knowing that it would be my last trip ever on the DME :sob: I’m still not over it.

1 Like

On November 20, my family and I arrived at 130pm. The line for DME was so long that the end was not visible. We kept walking hoping to find the end…we ended up calling a lyft. DH was so concerned about the line he didn’t think we would make it to our 510 ADR in MK.

2 Likes

I also just used quicksilver and service was excellent and even had the car seats ready for the kids.

2 Likes

I used ME in October with no problems. Got checked in and on a bus within 15 minutes. The line might look long but it moves very quickly.

1 Like

We used DME last night arriving around 10:30. We were third stop and at our resort around 11:30. There were people on the bus before we got on who appeared to have been waiting awhile. But last time I used DME in August it was around the same time and we did not get to resort until midnight, longer wait for bus.

1 Like

Friday before Thanksgiving we waited about 30-45 min total from the time we scanned until we left for hotel. We were first stop (Boardwalk) so that helped. Our flight landed at 11:30 and we were in Epcot by 1:30–could have been quicker but our room was ready so we went up let everyone unpack just a bit. We did not do return service b/c we went to Universal after our days at Disney and used Uber.

Ok, so @OBNurseNH posted the link so I thought I would give it a try. I have a one-night only stay at BLT on Dec 12, but we’re staying offsite prior to that. I put in my info and it let me reserve for the 8th! I just got a standard confirmation email, but will they let me take it early? I was kind of thinking of going to AK that day but if I can take DME right to BLT then I’ll just go to MK!

1 Like

I have been told before (on the forum) that you can’t take DME early, but I’m not sure! I think when you check in they are going off your confirmation number from your hotel reservation, and it would probably show that you are early. Not sure what they’d do.

ETA: You CAN arrive late. We used DME the day after our reservation started in October (it was a dedicated DVC rental and we could use the first night).

2 Likes

I thought it was against the rules too! But I searched the FAQ and when I went to book it gave me a whole calendar to choose dates from. I could definitely play dumb at the counter. But honestly, it will literally just be me and a backpack so if they say no I’ll just walk out and grab a Lyft.

2 Likes

Worth a try then! Report back on your results. :blush:

3 Likes

I agree with Jeff. I don’t think you can use DME until your reservation starts.

1 Like

I didn’t think so either but it let me select that date and didn’t give me an error or anything. So would they really turn me away? (I’m fine if they do!)

1 Like

Let us know!

You definitely can select any date on the calendar. I’ve nearly goofed before.

2 Likes

Welp, busted! At least I know.

Trevor Washington (Disney Parks)

Dec 3, 2021, 2:56 PM EST

Thank you for your interest in Disney’s Magical Express® .

We were able to confirm your reservation for Disney’s Magical Expresson your departure. However, the date of your room reservation does not match the date on your email request. Our records indicate the dates of 12/9 to 12/13.

Please verify your reservation dates. Once updates have been made, please resubmit your information to confirm Disney’s Magical Express® .

3 Likes