Magical Express Recent Experiences

I recently saw a person’s post on Facebook claiming that magical express is taking over an hour. Some of the comments were folks that also claimed the same. I trust this forum the most though, have any recent visitors experienced crazy DME waits?

I’ve used it at least 6 times and never experienced longer than 30 mins wait. I have a hyper 1 year old and don’t want to wait that long. Also- what are trusted car services ?

1 Like

@Jeff_AZ has recommended Quicksilver Tours and a friend here at work used them on that recommendation and says they will never do anything else.

3 Likes

Waiting just to board the bus, do you mean?

1 Like

Someone there last week claimed an hour wait. Was it @LTinNC82? Or @TheSafetyLady? Not sure if it is due to the holidays or if they’re just winding down and don’t care anymore.

Anyway, yes I fully recommend Quicksilver Tours. Very prompt and professional, and reasonably priced. Possibly cheaper than the paid Mears DME replacement, depending on how big your party is.

3 Likes

The service has definitely slowed down and become less magical. I don’t know if it’s bc of Covid or bc the contract is ending or what. It was about an hour from the time I got into line until my bus pulled away.

2 Likes

Both times I used it this year (May and October) I had zero wait to get on a bus, and the bus departed within minutes. It might be luck of the draw, or something really has changed in the last two months.

I would not be surprised if this were the case, honestly

3 Likes

Yes once you’ve scanned in your magic band and begin the wait.

I went in April this year and had a 5-10 minute wait. One hour sounds miserable though, and I really dont want to start off my vacation like that. I’ll look into Quicksilver! Thanks!

1 Like

I think the conversation for airport transportaion is very different for a family vs a solo traveler.

If I was traveling w/ my family, a car service like Quicksilver makes sense, but it is a flat rate and I can’t rationalize that cost for just me when traveling solo.

1 Like

Agreed - Quicksilver is much more economical for a family, especially if you need car seats. If it was just a party of adults, or just 2-3 people, I would take Uber/Lyft, honestly.

1 Like

FYI another friend just reserved with QuickSilver and forward facing car seats as well as boosters are no extra fee, but INFANT/REAR-FACING car seats are.

I am inquiring about what that fee is.

1 Like

I booked with Quicksilver my last trip and I will again in February.

There was an issue a couple of weeks ago where it seemed like Mears did not have enough drivers. People at both the airport and resorts had issues.

1 Like

If i book a private car service, do i need to let DME know that i’m not using them on the way to the resort? will they cancel my return DME if i dont?

1 Like

It would be worth letting them know, just to be courteous and also to be on the safe side.
You can use the online form and it will save you the time on hold.
https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform

1 Like

Rear facing car seats are $35 fee with QuickSilver

1 Like

Ooh, thanks for the info! Weird distinction. I guess because combination seats and booster seats are so much cheaper (when they need to replace them). :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes my friend wasn’t thrilled with that but the alternative is bringing their own so :woman_shrugging:

I will be using DME at 11:30pm. I’m curious if it will be quick or not. I hope it is quick because I will be ready to tuck in. I’ve only used DME once and it was only about 10-15 mins until we were on the road.

I used DME for Wine and Dine race weekend in November and had no wait at all. I think it may depend on time of day but just a guess.