Magical Express? LOL!

I definitely agree with the deceptively long. More than once it’s looked ridiculously long when in fact it was just a couple of larger groups who did not have their Magic Bands or paperwork out and ready to go - but once they were cleared and sent down their row to the busses the “line” sped up considerably.

If people have their stuff together (I always wear my Magic Band on the plane!) it moves super quickly.

4 Likes

just ran by the room and the bags are there. We are on our third park of the day, about to ride Splash Mountain before MK closes at 11 p.m.! WOOOOTTTT!!!

6 Likes

9 Likes

Glorious pic!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

I’ll do a longer report later, but we did all of HS, then walked to Epcot and hit Test Track & Frozen and a couple others, then Uber to Contemporary to drop off backpack, then RAN (YES: RAN!) to Magic Kingdom 30min before 11pm close and rode Splash Mountain. It was an epic day!

8 Likes

Yes, kept my ME letter with me. CM wisked me thru, no questions asked.

2 Likes

Glad it all worked out! I can’t wait to hear more about your trip. It looks like you are off to an amazing start!

I tend to keep mine right in a surface pocket of my carry-on, so I can put it on while waiting to de-plane (I always seem to wind up in the back), but the effect is the same: it’s already on and ready to go by the time I hit the main building at MCO!

2 Likes

Yep, I keep mine in my carry-on and put it on when we start our final descent. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be more convenient to get from National or Alamo if not too much more expensive as they have drop off location at the Disney Car Rental Services on property and would save you from having to make a trip to and from the airport. After you drop off they will take you where you need to go on property. My sister did this when she met us there and it was very easy. There are also some car rental companies in the Disney Springs area. I think at some of the hotels, so you could drop off and take the short walk to DS and then get on Disney bus.

1 Like

Thank you for that great tip.

I’m a big fan of the Hertz Gold program because it bypasses the rental car counter and there’s no additional charge for spouses to drive. We’ll be picking it up the week before when we arrive to extract our children from various colleges on the east coast after spring semester finals . :smile:

But…though we may save a lot of time renting it, that’s not important- saving time at DISNEY WORLD is! I may just have to make my husband rent the darn car himself since he does all the driving anyway, and use Alamo.

1 Like

I getca similar deal for Alamo through Costco. I was also able to sign up for their “skip the line”.

1 Like

Alamo has this same program. It is wonderful!

3 Likes

So I found the Costco program, looks great. Prices for both Hertz and Alamo look horrific right now, but I’m sure they’ll drop. Bonus that hubby is the one with the Costco membership so he’ll have to make the reservation. Well, it’s the least he can do, I’m planning the ALL the rest of this expedition!

2 Likes

I have just booked a small SUV (contradiction in terms there) for 20 days in September from Alamo using the Brit guides discount for £520 including taxes, insurance etc. One free extra driver included.

1 Like

I book it early to lock in a price, and then start looking a month out. My last trip I think I changed my rental a week out. Also , sign up for Alamo’s loyalty program. You can link the reservation and skip the lines.

2 Likes

National does this as well.

I think it’s becoming standard in the larger agencies.

2 Likes

Since we’re picking up the car in NC, I’ll just hold off on booking until the prices come down, plus I’m too lazy. :smile: We are members of Alamo’s program, well I am. Since I’ll be an authorized driver, can I link it through my account if my husband does the rental?

One other good thing about Hertz is they were awesome when I scratched the car one time in Atlanta going over a weirdly-placed curb. They fixed it for $125 which State Farm paid. I could not believe how smoothly that went. I also realized how much we poor retail consumers get overcharged for body work!!

If you book through Costco you will both be listed as drivers. I think you are ok. I have a holder on two February Costco reservations from MA to FL (one way) and FL only reservation. I know I will get it much cheaper closer. I also will either need the one way rental (to avoid snow) or a rental in Florida. The great thing about Costco is you can make as many reservations as you want.

2 Likes

My DH has a very low tolerance for “paperwork” (hence I do all the vacation planning).
And I have a low tolerance for Costco (hence why he has the card).
One reservation is all I’m likely to get!:grin:

3 Likes