Magic Morning Hopper Ticket problem

We had an unpleasant Magic Morning on 2nd Day. We had a total of 8 hopper tickets for 10/24 and 10/25. Arrived promptly at 6 am for Hollywood Studios to take full advantage of short lines. 3 of us scan in at entrance with no problems. My 11 year old by one day ticket is flagged as not valid. I yell at my wife as she was already bolting for Slinky. The look from the Cast Member was that I was trying to scam the system. Needless to say, I was not happy, and my kid was in holding back tears. The ticket was flagged as invalid that day because when we entered on Thursday it took the higher priced any day ticket. I am not sure how I am supposed to know that, but it took guest services 30 minutes to figure it out what the ticket system did. We had 5 all day any tickets and needed 3 more for both days. We opted to buy the less expensive hopper ticket to be used on Thursday. So for the money we saved cost us 30 minutes of our magic morning. So much for planning. I wrote to Customer Service with all the information, and have not heard anything back.