Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day: What to do if the Parking Lot is closed?

We’re planning on going to Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day and have Dining Reservations for 12:05pm. We are staying off-site and have multi-day passes. We are planning on leaving our condo at 10am to go into MK. I’m concerned that the parking lots may be closed? Has anyone experienced this and are we able to park somewhere else (Epcot) and ride the monorail over? I’ve read about people also taking taxis in. Instead of taking a taxi (or Uber) from our condo, where could we park close to Disney and then take a taxi/uber in? I would like to be prepared in case the parking lot is closed.

I’m also debating re-working our trip to maybe go to Animal Kingdom on Christmas (12/25) and then Magic Kingdom the next day (12/26).

Any experience/thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Anna from PA

Can you get there much earlier, like at Rope-Drop? If you do that, you’re guaranteed to get a spot and entry to the park.

2 Likes

Here are details about capacity closures:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/capacity-closures

In reading this again, looks like since you have in-park reservations, the likelihood of you being turned away is VERY VERY low!

1 Like

From what I have read, you want to get to MK at rope drop, or close to it, on Christmas Day. The park can reach close to capacity and they could have restrictions on who gets in, even if you have an ADR.

1 Like

We’re decided to arrive at Rope Drop, our children will be doubly excited with Christmas and Disney! We’re going to MK for two days (12/25 & 12/30) and I was able to change two of our Fastpass options so that we’re not in the park super-late on 12/25 if we wish to leave. Thanks for the advice!! I appreciate it!!

4 Likes