Magic Kingdom- CL 2 or 5 with EMH?

I’m planning the second half of our week, currently have AK CL4 on Thursday and MK CL5 with EMH on Friday. We would take advantage of the EMH. However, that Thursday MK is a CL2…AK is a CL5 if we went on Friday. No ADRs for either of those day except BOG and I have reservations for both days just in case. Travelling with DH and DS2, also we are going to MK earlier in the week as well. Is a predicted CL2 enough a difference to warrant changing things? I’m totally over-analyzing everything and feeling a bit panicked as our FPP day is tomorrow.

We always do what works for us with no regard for which park is hosting EMH

3 Likes

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 30 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 45 - 30 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

Multiple TP statisticians say that there is little difference what you’ll experience in 2 points of CL variation. (I see your is CL’s are 3 points away, but again - it’s going to change) IME - it only matters when the CLs get above CL6+

Statistically, Thursdays are the least busy days at the parks. I’d go with the park where I want to do the most stuff on Thursday.

That’s what I was afraid to hear! Hahah. The panicky planner in me needs to know the actual CL before FPP day! I haven’t done EMH in over a decade, so no clue what to expect other than mixed reviews- some people love them, some hate them.

I agree with @OBNurseNH. EMH has little effect on how I plan my days. A good personalized TP will put you ahead of 85%+ of the people wandering around asking, “Well… what do you want to do next?”

Plan to get to the parks an hour before RD and do a couple of “walk-on / low wait” rides to start the day, followed by your 3 FPP, then follow your plan and pick up any extra FPPs you can for rides near where you are. You’ll be fine! :wink:

2 Likes

That was me! When it was time to make ADRs, I had to determine which park we were going to be in each day. We did not have park hoppers. I second, third, etc guessed myself for months on my selection of park days. I switched a copy of days around before FPP day. At 60 days, I made FPPs.

CLs are PROJECTIONS based on what they know. TP unfortunately doesn’t have a crystal ball for actual CLS!

Here’s how my CLs looked at 200 days before, 2 weeks before, and the actual:

We were originally planning to go to Kennedy Space on the last day of our trip. Three weeks before, DS19, who is an aerospace engineering major, excitedly called and said there was going to be a rocket launch during our trip and he wanted to go see it. :rage:

There goes my planning out the door! We bought launch tickets for 12/17. A few days later, they moved it to 12/19. 8 days before the launch, they moved it again! This time to 12/20. Meanwhile, I was still holding on to the FPPs as they were reserved at 60 days. The day before the launch, it was a go. I dumped our HS FPPs for the next day and rebooked them for 12/23, 4 days later (the day we were supposed to go to Kennedy originally). It was painful to dump the FPP because I couldn’t get SDD back and the Tier 2s were not at ideal times to use before Same Day Drops.

I also had to dump a CG ADR but managed to rebook one for 12/23.

Despite stressing over CLs, we had a great time and got lots done because of the tips here and on chat, the customized TPs, and RDing a couple of days.

After all this rambling, from one panicky planner to another, relax and enjoy. You are going to WDW!

2 Likes

Thank you for the reassurance and the story! Helps to know I’m not the only one haha! I’m feeling much better about CLs, but of course my FP selections this morning have thrown my perfect touring plans into a frenzy. I do it to myself…and let’s be real, I love it!

1 Like