Magic Kingdom and Epcot Packed Today!

I’m an annual passholder and Touringplans predicted a level five crowd for MK and 6 for Epcot. When we went the first week of March last year, the crowds were manageable. Today my sister was visiting from Arkansas. She started her day at Epcot.

She left her room at Pop Century at 8:30 a.m. It took four busses of crowds driving from the hotel to Epcot before she could get a seat. Epcot was so crowded she didn’t walk into the park until 10:30.

I left my home 30 miles north of WDW at 9:37 and was in the front gates of MK by 10:45! It took me less time to get to MK living 30 miles away than it took her being onsite!!!

She was going to Epcot to take pictures of the Flower and Garden displays, and then she was going to meet me at MK for lunch. She got so flustered she dropped her brand new DSLR camera and the lens got busted.

So she abandoned her plans and came to join me at the MK ealier than planned. By the time she got to us, where we were standing in the FP line for the Jungle Cruise, the line was up to 70 minutes wait.

When we got off of the Jungle Cruise, we headed over the our next FP, BTMRR and the line was 120 minutes long, while Splash Mountain was up to 70 minutes long.

All day long we fought through wall to wall people, and most rides were well over 60 minutes, and some more than 1 1/2 hours. It was the largest crowd I have seen.

Does anybody have any idea what was causing such huge crowds at both parks. My sister will be here for four more days and I kind of want to figure out if it will be more of the same the rest of the week. Thanks!

Hi. I am sorry the crowds are crazy busy today, I don’t have an explanation really. I do know that Mondays are typically very busy days at MK due to many starting their trips there after traveling on Sunday. Also, the later in the morning you try to leave your hotel, the longer you will have to wait for a bus. Most people can be up and ready to leave by 8:30, tomorrow maybe she can leave by 7:30 or so and there should be a lot less people. I am sorry to hear about her camera. I would plan the rest of the week to be just as busy, since not really sure what is happening this week. The start of spring break, maybe? Good luck the rest of the week! Also, Uber is great for getting to the parks quickly when there are a lot of people at the bus stop. I would recommend this, or a taxi.

I stayed at Pop in Dec with CL that were 9 and 10 and STILL didn’t have that kind of a wait for buses. I never had to wait for more than 1 bus. Always was on the 2nd bus.

Did she, by chance, talk to the front desk to see what was going on?