Magic Kingdom 2 Day Touring Strategy

We are spending 2 days in Magic Kingdom and I am working on making my own touring plan for those days. Is there a way to get Touring Plans to tell me, based on the attractions I select, which attractions to lump together on Day 1 and which to put together on Day 2? If not, does anyone have any tips on which attractions to focus on which day?

You can split the park in half.
You can pick your must do and get fast passes for them 3 one day 3 the next.
You can pick your must do and try to get them in on day one and then use day 2 for what is left.

1 Like

I’m still working on this idea too. I noticed the two day plan here on the website basically splits the park in half: day one is mostly everything behind the castle, day two is mostly everything in front. I haven’t used it myself, but I was thinking of tweaking it for our trip.

3 Likes

You can but only by creating two distinctly separate customized plans

1 Like

I wish there was a way to put in all the rides you wanted to do and select some kind of “two day” checkbox, but so far that’s not an option. We basically did Fantasyland on one day and the rest of it on the other day, at least in theory.

3 Likes

I divided my MK days up by location. I tried to group attractions by location to minimize walking time.

Per touring plans:

The best way to experience [all four MK coasters] is to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Space Mountain one morning as soon as the park opens, then Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain the next morning.

Presumably this is without FP. If you have FP for the coasters, that will determine when you’re doing the rides!

1 Like

I am doing this as well on my upcoming trip in May. I played around with it a lot. Essentially, I split mine MK Day 1: Frontierland, Adventureland and Liberty Square. MK day 2: Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I have younger kids, so that played into my planning as well. I wanted to start with slow rides, character meets, less walking, etc. Not sure if that applies to you.

Once I got to planning with that in mind, I realized Early Magic Hours would affect my plan, so keep that in mind if it applies. We have EMH on the day we are doing Frontierland/Adventureland and I learned that those lands are not open during EMH! (I’m a newbie) So I plan to do a few warm up rides to get my 4 year old comfortable for that first hour (meet Mickey, Dumbo and Barnstomer) then head over to Adventureland to rope drop POC and continue on in Adventureland/Frontierland/Liberty Square. All of our FP’s for that day are adventure/frontier/liberty. Day 2 of MK we are attending Early Morning Magic (paid ticketed event) so we’ll knock out a lot of Fantasyland, head over to Tomorrowland for Rope Drop. Then the second half of the day will be chasing Fast Passes to all the rides my kiddos want to do a second time.

2 Likes

This is my plan almost exactly (no EMH though). Never done it this way, but think it will be the most laid back way.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on my 2 (well 3 days but day 3 is just for extras) day approach for MK. I Did custom plans. Original plan was right hand side day 1, left hand side day 2 but found that there was too much in day 1 so made some tweaks

I’ve must posted links to all 3 days for review if you want to have a look?

1 Like

I want to see! We are trying to make something similar.

1 Like

Hopefully this works!

1 Like

I have split the park up two ways, the right side/left side and also in front of the castle/behind the castle. It was mostly based on whether I was RD both days and what FP I could get. I always plan based on both categories - what 2-3 rides can I rope drop and then what FP I have.

For MK I have been known to set up a TP for each land (maybe combining Frontier and Advetureland) and then optimizing them for different parts of the day to see what lands I should put together.

1 Like

Thanks. This will help as I figure out which days to get certain fast passes

That’s genius. Why didn’t I think of that?

It is way down the rabbit hole of creating touring plans :grin: