Magic Key Renewal Watch

I saw chatter online that people who got their Magic Keys when they were first announced a year ago are still unable to renew. CMs have reportedly assured them that they will be able to renew before expiration, but we’re coming up to the deadline fast. The program launched on August 25, 2021. Not everyone who bought one upon launch activated it immediately, but we’ll be finding out one way or another very soon what Disney plans to do.

Please share here if you hear any news!

(I do not have a Magic Key but may get one at some point if they reinstate sales.)

4 Likes

Ours expire mid-September and we are eagerly waiting to find out what happens these next 3-4 weeks. We knew we wanted to jump on the Halloween party before it sold out but didn’t have any information about Magic Key renewals so we booked an early party before ours expired just in case there was any question of if we should still go if they didn’t have some form of annual pass program (or were finally going to price us out if whatever they are concocting finally does that).

2 Likes

I am so glad I didnt activate mine until the middle of December! :blush: I still have some time. And a friend just activated hers 2 weeks ago, so interested to see what will happen with that. I kinda have a feeling they will stop the current pass but will bring something back. So hard to please everyone. I used to really look forward to renewing my pass. A new year with new memories to make. I still look forward but sad now at all the negativity surrounding it. From the constant complaints to the hassle of the actual purchasing.

1 Like

I bought mine in the very first days they were offered. And I have a September trip planned. This is killing me!!

1 Like

Evidently I got it on the first day? It says mine expires 8/24! I am tempted to take a vacation day and go down and use it one more time …

2 Likes

Chat is still claiming that renewals are coming, but no details yet:

https://twitter.com/kolemccarthy/status/1554917240788508672?s=21&t=TUgm_jC94tmDqDF7TlWNTQ

It needs to happen soon!!!

1 Like

I now have reservations for four days August 15-18. Just have to decide which day I can fly down and make a sneak visit!

4 Likes

I had mentioned Magic Keys last week when I was on the phone with guest services about them STILL not canceling the reservation I didn’t go on for the beginning of July (my trip insurance won’t process until Disney closes it out).

She was very helpful (still not canceled:woozy_face) until I mentioned the passes and how the Keys were sold out before I could buy the least restricted ones. She then got very quiet and when I kept pushing, she changed the subject.

ETA Never doing trip insurance or a room package again.

2 Likes

THEY STILL HAVENT CANCELLED IT?! omg

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’m beginning to think they’re waiting for the legal disputes to resolve. This guy’s pass expires today.

https://twitter.com/dlthings/status/1558886961217015808?s=21&t=VzH9OUZndhkp42CfvmVEpg

1 Like

Quite a few of the Disney bloggers have been posting memes to cope. :rofl:

5 Likes

Literally on a plane to Santa Ana right now!! Will be asking at the ticket booth tonight. Well, if the line is not too long.

Deciding what to rope drop tomorrow. Thinking about storybook land canal boats. Crazy or brilliant?

5 Likes

Brilliant. :rofl:

But get a LL for something.

1 Like

Look for my DD, she is there today and tomorrow :grin:

4 Likes

Oh I will! I’m just here for the day. Probably leaving about 5:30.

3 Likes

Current view. EE folks are flooding FL. :confused:

5 Likes

Looks hopeful for all of you :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

How am I the one posting this first? :rofl:

3 Likes