Magic band+

I made the mistake of shopping at 1115pm last night. Couldn’t get near the Halloween section.

4 Likes

I didn’t see this

4 Likes

Those are cool

If they did cool stuff

But they just buzz and flash and annoy me

5 Likes

I’m concerned about the rashes ppl are reporting, but I don’t wear mine as long as some ppl do.

1 Like

Now that I have finished my trip with my new magic band+, I have to say…I won’t buy another one, until features improve.

As others have said, maybe if I had some sort of guide to what it was telling me? Instead of just flashing and buzzing wildly whenever it felt so inclined as I look around trying to guess what was happening.

I luckily did not experience the rash others have spoken about…and I have highly reactive skin, so I’m very thankful.

I played Bounty Hunters for a little bit, which was just a vibrating game of hot/cold. fun idea, but most of the time my band would be flashing one color I wouldn’t move and then it would switch immediately. It apparently couldn’t keep up with me? Then, when I got tired of the constant vibrating and canceled my game, the band LOST ITS MIND and freaked out with vibrations, there was no way to stop it and I had to just wait it out.

All in all, a frustrating experience not worth the $$ to me(which is disappointing because some of the new ones are cuuuutttttteeeee).

8 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

I like to think of it as playing with a very small R2 unit. You have a rough idea of what it’s trying to convey, but …the lil’ guy just whoops and hollers for sometimes unknowable reasons.

(oh hey that’s an idea. how about the droids gain this bounty hunter ability? Get close enough to the door annnd:

)

7 Likes

I would LOVE if I could play this with my droid. My BB unit just sits on the shelf most of the time, I’d be happy to bring him back to WDW to hunt criminals.

3 Likes

Yay! Screaming R2D2!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you for noting that! I hadn’t paid attention to that. I am allergic to several types of metal and often react to things like buckles and snaps. Wonder what the battery is made of.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this too. The other day it buzzed for no apparent reason, wouldn’t interact w/ statues… so what’s the point?

2 Likes

I was one of the people who had a rash from fitbit bands and I can’t wear any watch overnight… I never reacted weirdly to the MB+. I took it off at night to charge it, and I was always sure to take it off and wipe the back if it got wet or sweaty during the day too, because I’ve noticed with Apple/Galaxy watches that any moisture under the face irritates my skin. I also didn’t wear it particularly tight… it’s not monitoring my heartrate or anything so there’s no need for constant contact with the skin.

3 Likes

That annoyed me, and it’s why I’m not recommending anyone in the group get one for our January trip. We have mine and Mia’s so the other kids can see the lights and we can play the Duck Tales game if it’s running. That’ll be good enough.

4 Likes

Our party took to saying “What is it? Is Timmy in the well?”

(And now I’ve aged us…)

14 Likes

Except that I totally got it, so I’ve aged me too :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks for the great laugh, @graypool - I sure needed it today!

4 Likes

We say this to our dogs when they try to herd us around. I get it too thanks Nick at Nite.

3 Likes

There are new MB2 designs (NOT MB+) available only in the pre-arrival (i.e. on-site stay) choices. They are $25. I’m not a fan of the artwork, it is like the old giant paper maps of MK from decades ago. They’re not very bold nor distinctive, but the article just shows one side of them. Hopefully the other side is better.

5 Likes

I really like the Main St one!

4 Likes

I like that they have that thingy too… I can’t remember what they are called; they go around the band. It’s the red thing w/ words on it :laughing:

3 Likes