Magic Band supply issues?

Any updates on Magic Band availability? Just looking for the good old-fashioned solid color bands for $10 as a pre-order but those haven’t been available for the last few months we’ve been looking. Do they have those on-site? Are they still just $10 on-site? I’m trying to avoid ordering the $20-$40 bands with themes and designs that don’t appeal to all my kids!

The supply has been gross lately and very few of those $10 you’re looking for. My family opted to skip it this time - if there’s one they want they’ll get it there because there was nothing any of us loved. I don’t think it has anything to do with supply issues. I think the next gen of MB is due to come out soon and so they are holding off on putting out more of the current gen.

You should be able to get the plain/less expensive ones (maybe? probably?) at the resort store or any shop that has them really on arrival. You’ll just link them up using MDE after purchase. I suppose they won’t be personalized, so there’s that.

2 Likes

I just looked at MB selections this morning. This message is there. Pretty sure we are in 2022.

4 Likes

That message has been there since 1974

:laughing:

Ok not that long, but it’s there for so long I don’t even see it anymore. It’s part of the scenery by now

And this is also why I’m not getting my hopes up too high around the character greetings being back to normal right away when the announcement had the dangerous language “as soon as April 18”. I was a Space220 Watcher and that took years.

7 Likes

Same.

We had totally planned on Space 220 for our December 2019 trip. Lol!

3 Likes

We bought some mainly because our last ones are from 4 years ago… DS4 and I are happy with ours but the ones for DS11 and DW did not look like the picture on MDE.

Good on Disney though, I called about that and they refunded the cost of those two MBs (and we keep them because they are personalized). So our plan now is that they will use them when we get there but we will be on the lookout for MBs that they like.

2 Likes

In Jan they had the plain ones on-site at AKL Kidani. Only problem I had is I couldn’t get it to register to my mom thru the app/online and I had to wait in the longest line at the front desk to get them to do it for me so you might have to deal with a hassle like that.

2 Likes

Continued frustration with this lack of availability. 14 available online today. 17 is the most I’ve seen this week. I have time, but I would really like to order these sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I’m hoping that the next big announcement once everyone settles down about new the Guardians ride will be the new magic bands.

One thing at a time, right?

Must be. It’s hard for folks who want to have and know all things RIGHT NOW :smile:

I read somewhere, someone was guessing I think, that they would not release the new bands until late summer, when the rush was over. Their reasoning was that hopefully they could avoid a big blow up about technical issues that are sure to arise. I can’t remember where I read that or I would give credit (and reread the post or article or whatever it was)–they also may have said after spring break. That would make more sense to me since they do not seem to be replenishing stock at all.

1 Like

I think you should just order one if having one is important to you. I think the stock will continue to dwindle and then they will release the next iteration.

1 Like

The website still says “later in 2021” for the release of new magic bands. LOL!

1 Like

I had gotten to that point about three weeks ago, had two daughters pinned down on two designs (one daughter still outstanding, but I was just going to choose for her), and then both of the chosen designs went out of stock. We have old ones–might just be using those. The girls will be horrified :joy:

1 Like

IIRC, on-site even the plain ones are well more than $10. Any choice you can order with your room will be less expensive than the same band on-site.

2 Likes

If it’s any help to you, I just bought some of the plain ones they are offering for $10 and got some cool encanto skins for them from a seller on Etsy for ~$5 each. They are a grayish lilac I guess so not the old fashioned ones exactly. I think I got them a month ago? The kids are psyched and I’m glad I didn’t have to throw down more money for blah options

3 Likes

That’s genius—never even thought of that. Encanto is perfect for two of the girls. They have all kinds on Etsy!! Thank you for the tip!!

1 Like

I don’t want to use my phone. I like my bands. My child and I are using old ones. I would love a band for my spouse. He MIGHT use his smartwatch, but I dunno. If we can’t get his Garmin/google pay to work on his smartwatch and can’t find a band, can we use the keys to the kingdom card for my DAS passes? If it was just tapping into the parks, we’d be ok with his phone, but we have DAS.

1 Like

I’m still probably going use the skins that @AccioVacation suggested. I’m still stalking the magic band page, though, and today there are 6 options. 6.

1 Like

Very dissapointed, about 10 days ago we ordered our Magic band through MDE for our May trip.
We discovered today that the order was cancelled and we were refunded but we discovered that by checking if the order was modifiable, we didn’t received any notifications by Disney regarding the cancellation.
My husband went on the chat on the Disney website but the CM wasn’t able to provide any information beside that if the ordered bands are no longer visible in MDE then nothing can be done and we should order again and hope this one doesn’t get cancel.
Obviously the bands we ordered are no longer available.

Have you looked on Amazon or even shop Disney?

1 Like