Magic band selection

They only had black a couple of days ago.

which one? I guess it doesnā€™t matter though. It appears the inventory is fluctuating on line

Just black. I just had a look and today they also have light navy blue. I was tempted. But I have to use a VPN to even see them - U.K. guests canā€™t buy at a discount anymore - so I donā€™t know if I could actually check out. Iā€™m going to wait.

1 Like

I heard you cannot checkout even if you use a VPN :-/

It wouldnā€™t surprise me. Iā€™d rather have a bigger choice anyway.

Got it, thanks! Do you think thereā€™s any potential problem with buying an older band? Donā€™t they lose their effectiveness after a certain amount of time? Is that an issue if theyā€™re still brand new?

The battery which you need for automatic pics/videos and the things where your name comes up - like the posters in RnRC queue - does run out after a couple of years. But last time we got new ones with our resort stay and the batteries had already run out on those too. So no guarantee either way.

1 Like

The battery used to pic up long distance signal (like for on ride photos where you donā€™t actually tap to link) does die after a few years, but anywhere you physically tap touch points should continue to work just fine.

Man I got a plum colored one before my christmas trip and lost it. In my house before the trip. I misplaced several other things at the time, and they have all shown up except that dang magic band. It was so pretty.

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s sad :cry:

It has to be somewhere. I was just googling RFID detector apps :rofl:

No luck.

2 Likes

You can check out using a VPN! We are in France and used a VPN to order and check out our selection a few days ago. And yesterday we saw they were shipped to our hotel.
The only other thing that can be an issue is the billing address, personally we used one from a Canadian friend and it did work even if itā€™s not the address associated with the card.

1 Like

Interesting! If colours we actually want come up, Iā€™ll give it a go.

1 Like

Just a last warning if you see something you like, be quick to order. Our previous order got cancelled and reimbursed without warning or explanation. We werenā€™t quite sure why and thought maybe it was either the address or VPN thing but since the second order got through it was probably because they were out of one of the bands.

1 Like

We only want plain ones as weā€™ve got skins for them! But even those are so hard to find.

2 Likes

Big sorry to @missoverexcited :slight_smile: I was just able to order our MBs using VPN. Fortunately they still had the 50th anniversary stuff.

2 Likes

Great!